Chapter 20- Study Session.

She wanted to go home.

But there was still four minutes of class left. And then she had to wait for her brothers' P.E class to be finished at four thirty.

Brynn didn't mind the waitin thing though. It was nice.

Being outside in the crisp autumn air and reading a David Walliams' book was a feeling everyone should have at least once in their lifetime. At the same time, she also knew that she wasn't alone, her brothers were only on the field in front.

The bell ringing stopped those thoughts, dragging her out of them and into the French classroom, where people had already begun to pack up.

She followed what they were doing, half-listening to Mr Weater as he was talking about some homework that was due in next week.

Walking through the corridor and down to the bleachers was a challenge in itself. She'd finally got to the bleachers, slinging her bag on the third step up and sitting on the fourth; leaning back on the side rails.

Her brothers' class had already started laps and next they usually did two minutes planks. Brynn had an entire hour to read the same David Walliams' book she usually read. Bliss.

Brynn had found she liked re-reading books she knew the contents of. It gave a sense of familiarity, knowing what plot twists were coming up, if any and she wasn't nervous for what's ahead. 

Besides, she could never get tired of re-reading a David Walliams' book.

She noticed that a few other people liked to wait on the bleachers too. They didn't wait for anyone in particular, just chilling there after school. 

There was also a few younger students, doing homework or waiting for their parents to show up.

And then there was Sid sometimes. Only sometimes. But when he was there, he sat in the far corner from where Brynn usually sat. He always kept staring at the field, more specifically Zaiden. Sometimes he'd just stare at her for a while as well. It was weird.

She didn't like it. She didn't care how uncomfortable he made her, she cared that he kept staring at Zaiden. What was his deal?

She'd been trying to work it out for a while. She came to the conclusion of nothing.

Looking away from her book, she looked at the spot where he usually sat. He wasn't there.

Looking back down at her book, she traced her finger around the page to find the spot she was at. Found you.

Just as she started reading the first word, something tapped her back. She jolted forward, as one would when having something unexpectedly touch your back.

She turned around to look at what poked her through the rails. Nothing and nobody was there.

Leaning over the side rails slightly, she saw no one on the ground below. Ignoring it, she went back to finding the sentence on the page, leaning forward this time to avoid the rail poking into her back.

She jolted once again when something tapped her back. This time, she spun around faster but nothing was there.

She wasn't stupid enough to check it again.

Shuffling forward, she decided to avoid the rails at all costs. Now she sat halfway to the halfway point of the bleachers, where nobody was close so nobody could tap her.

It was probably someone messing with her. Wouldn't be the first time.

Dragging her finger along the page once again, determined to find the sentence she was on, she sighed. There you are.