Chapter 29- Oh, The Horror.

The car door slammed shut. Two seconds later, Brayden's car door slammed shut too. He started the car as Brynn put her seatbelt on, leaning back into the passenger seat and looking towards the building she'd just come out of. Should she have told Derek about the man?

"So did you have fun?" Brayden asked, turning the radio volume down to zero, and backing out of the car space. Brynn blinked and averted her gaze away from the building, "it's therapy, not a sleepover."

Brayden snorted and elbowed her right arm lightly, "okay, sassy. How was your therapy session?" He drove out of the car park and into the open road, giving her a side glance then looking back toward the road.

She said nothing, eyes on the road ahead; Brayden scanned the road before he turned his head to her properly. "Hey," his left pointer finger poked her ribs on the right side. She jerked away, doing her best to not look at him. She told Derek, so why couldn't she tell her brothers?

Brayden poked her again, "sorellina." Again, "Brynn." Again, "bambina." Again, "sweetheart?"

"We just talked about Callan's birthday," she finally answered, jerking once again away from his finger, her left side brushing against the door.

Brayden retracted his finger, now having both hands on the wheel and nodding slowly. "That all?"

"Therapy sessions are supposed to be confidential, you know?" Brynn said, turning her head to look at him.

Brayden lifted his hands from the wheel in mock surrender and wide eyes, "apologies, sorellina," he grinned then placed his hands back on the wheel.

Brynn faced the front again, not sure why she was feeling so defensive. They did talk about something else. Something she should have told her brothers about the second it happened. And now the guilt set in her stomach felt heavy. She'd lied and there could be a possibility of her brothers finding out she lied which made the guilt worse.

"Are you alright, sorellina?" Brayden asked, looking at her and back to the road a few times. Brynn nodded, another lie, "yes." Brayden wanted to question it, but she didn't want him to. "Have you got anything for Callan for his birthday?"

"Hm," Brayden hummed, keeping eyes on the road. "I got him this watch he's been asking for ages. He's been dropping not-so-subtle hints," he snorted. Brynn played with her hands, she still didn't have anything.

"What has everybody else got him?" she asked after a moment of deciding whether she wanted to know. She did.

"Well, Zayne gave him the week off work and new shoes Callan's been practically dying for, but could never find the time to get." Thoughtful of Zayne. "Ezra doesn't do gifts so Callan's lucky if he gets a 'happy birthday'." Sounds like Ezra. "Silas has got him plain blue pyjamas because he asked him for them. Zaiden bought him a mug, which Callan asked for, but the mug reads, pardon my language, 'A dick drinks from this'." Brynn snorted softly whilst Brayden shook his head disappointedly. "And Zach got him some scented candles," he finished, leaving Brynn awestruck. Now she'd just felt... she just felt useless. They had thoughtful gifts and she had nothing for him.

Brayden spoke again whilst she was thinking about what she could do. "Would you like to get him something, Brynn?" The latter looked up at him. "Pardon?"

Brayden grinned, eyes still focused on the road but occasionally taking a look over at her, "would you like to get Callan a present, sweetheart? We can stop somewhere now and look, if you'd like."

The girl didn't know what to say. Not for a while at least. Words made their own way out of her lips though, unfiltered by her brain which would've prevented such a pitiful statement, "I've got no money, Brayden."