Chapter 34- Try, Try Again.

"You guys can go back to class now, before a teacher finds you," Brynn said, looking to each girl. "I'll just go to the toilet."

"You sure, Brynn? We don't mind," Penny replied, but Brynn shook her head. "No, it's fine. I'll be back in English in a moment."

Aubrey and Penny looked at each other unsure, then Aubrey nodded, "okay. I'll message you after school?"

"I'll tell sir you'll be back in a few minutes," Penny also said and then the two left the office through the double doors. Brynn looked to her left, at the nurses' toilets and made her way inside the girls'.

Turns out, getting one on was hard. More difficult than she'd first assumed. It was frustrating.

When she'd actually gotten one on, she felt somewhat accomplished. Then she remembered she had one more left and then she'd have to find an alternative.

Washing her hands, she sighed, emulsifying the soap agitatedly. After drying with the paper towels, she threw it in the bin and left, speeding up a little when leaving the office itself so the nurse didn't see her.

She had the same tactic going down the hallway as the trio did before. Speeding up going past classes and slowing down when in between them.

She couldn't reach the top of the stairs before her name was called. Brynn winced, turning around to Sid jogging slightly down the corridor.

As he got closer, Brynn took a slight step back, not sure what he wanted. They hadn't spoken since Malcolm got a temporary exclusion.

Once he'd caught up to her, he slowed down until he was about three feet away. "Brynn, hey." He didn't seem mad.

Brynn was hesitant, "hey, Sid."

"How have you been?"

"Uhm alright, what about you?"

"Good good. Hey listen about Malcolm, I'm really sorry about what he did," he didn't sound sorry.

"It wasn't your fault or anything-"

"I'm not really sure why you punched him though, that was a bit uncalled for, wasn't it?"

Brynn stopped, mouth agape from being interrupted.

"Well, he did it first."

Sid hummed, staring intently at her. "So, listen I just wanted to apologise on behalf of him."

Brynn nodded slowly, thinking he'd say more; that's what his tone gave off.

He did say more, "I also wanted to ask you something, if you don't mind." Brynn screwed her face up the tiniest amount, waiting for him to ask because she felt he would even if she said she did mind.

"I was wondering if you could talk to your brothers about Malcolm's suspension, to let him come back earlier before anything permanently damages his record. I mean, let's face it, it was a bit unfair that he had to be suspended when you got nothing considering you probably caused more damage."

Brynn couldn't speak. Was he really asking her this? One, to ask her brothers a favour, and two, to try and get Malcolm back to school sooner?

She pulled a face of subtle shocked disbelief. "Uhm..."

"Please, Brynn. Our dad is really stressed about it."

She opened her mouth and closed it, scrunching her eyebrows and opening it again. "I don't think so."

She didn't want to continue this conversation anymore, turning her feet back around to the stairs she intended to go down before this interaction happened.