Chapter 23- I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Ice-Cream.

Brynn was still facing the toilet door she had just closed, her hand quivering over the handle. Maybe if she just keeps staring at the door, he'll think she's someone else.

"Brynn, I know what my own sister looks like."

You can't say she didn't try. Inwardly sighing and unscrunching her eyes, she slowly retracted her hand. Turning around, she faced her older brother who had his hands behind his back and his face neutral. "Hey Zaiden."

"Why are you not in class?" he dismissed the greeting, causing Brynn to feel a hurt twinge in the pit of her stomach. Instead of reacting like she was hurt, she brought her hands behind her back and played with her fingers, much like her brother was.

"I needed the toilet," she answered because obviously that's why she was in there.

They looked at each other for a little longer, before Zaiden spoke, "well go on then." He signalled his head towards where he knew most of her classes were, which were, thankfully, all the opposite way of where he knew a battered and bloody Sid was.

"Right," Brynn agreed still not looking away. After a few seconds, Zaiden cleared his throat and rose his eyebrows which snapped her back to where she was.

She hurried to where he had signalled. Just as she got to a corner, she turned to look at him again, only to look away flushed and embarrassed when she saw he was already looking at her with an undetected look on his features.

Once she was entirely out of sight, Zaiden unpuffed his chest out and brought his hands in front of him. Now the blood had smeared over the entirety of his hand from rubbing them together too much.

Sighing, he opened the door to the men's restroom and checked that he was alone. Once he deduced that he was in fact alone he began washing his bloody hands in the sink, turning the clear water pink.

He dried his hands with the paper towels provided then made his way out. However, just two steps out of the restroom, he was pushed back into it again by two large hands on his shoulders.

Zaiden was about to punch back, until the closing door he just got pushed through was kicked open and a new figure entered. Silas.

"Why in fucks name is Sid half dead in the hallway?" he seethed at his brother.

"I can explain that," Zaiden tried to reason. Silas crossed his arms over his chest and scoffed.

"Explain then."

Zaiden paused for a few seconds whilst Silas waited for his oh-so excellent excuse. Zaiden took a deep breath in and looked like he was trying to think about it. The excuse that the boy managed to muster up was-

"It was well deserved."

Silas thinned his lips out and dead-panned his face into an unimpressed look, before pushing Zaiden back a few steps by his shoulders once again. "Fucking idiot."

"He deserved-"

"I'm not saying he didn't, Zai!" Silas retaliated, whisper-yelling. "But that doesn't mean you can just nearly end his life in the middle of the school hallway!"

"I don't know it seemed like a pretty good reason-"

"Think before you do things, Zaiden!" Silas got louder, using his right finger to point at his head to get his point across.

"E se ti dicessi che stava infastidendo Brynn?" Zaiden hissed back, getting in Silas face which had now dropped. Zaiden stepped forward to get even closer, spitting out his words, "nostra sorella?"

Silas didn't care about his brother getting all up in his face, he had something more sinister on his mind.

His dead eyes that were connected to his straight face made contact with his younger brother's own raging ones.