Chapter 10- You Dare.

"I know you're somewhere..."

"Come on, Brynn... you know I'll find you..."

I whimpered quietly from under my bed. An obvious hiding spot, for sure, but the only one I managed to get to in such a short amount of time.

"I'm getting warmer..." I could feel my heart hammering in my chest.

His footsteps came to a stop right outside my door, his shadow just noticeable in the crack at the bottom.

"Warmer..." I could practically hear the amusement in his voice.

The doorknob was turned at an excruciatingly slow pace. I sucked in a harsh breath once I'd heard the door creak open, tears of pure terror gathering in my eyes.

"Getting hot now..."

I brought my two hands up to cover my mouth in attempt to stop the heavy breaths coming out, his footsteps came closer and closer.

Not being able to stop myself anymore, I sobbed pathetically in my hands whilst my entire body shook with every painful inhale I took. Tears were now pouring down my face as I impaled my cheeks with my nails, trying to stay silent.

This was torture.

And then, suddenly, the footsteps came to a halt. All that could be heard were my shuddering breaths. Maybe he'd left. I shuffled forward slightly on my tummy, trying to sneak a glance to see if he truly had given up and left.

I leaned forward steadily, as slow as I possibly could. He was gone. My room was empty.

Sighing in relief, I felt my entire body relax and my head droop down to my arms, which were now crossed in front of me. I was so exhausted.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my legs, tugging me out from my hiding spot as I let out a blood curdling scream.

"Found you."

---

I shot up into an upright position on my bed. My quilt and blankets underneath me stuck to my skin uncomfortably, sweat dripping off my forehead, trickling down the side of my face.

Bile rose up my throat. I quickly shoved my covers off, cupped my hand over my mouth and made a beeline to my bathroom. I didn't even get a chance to turn the light on because I was already hunched over the toilet throwing up everything I had in me.

Whimpering, I felt my entire body tremble with an unbearable pain in my lower abdomen. My lungs felt like they were on fire, unable to receive the oxygen they so desperately needed.

That was probably the worst nightmare I'd ever had here. And it wasn't even half as scary as the rest.

It took a good twenty minutes for me to get everything out. Now, I was just gagging, my body unable to make anything else come out. What is happening?

I kept my mouth closed, trying to muffle my gags because I did not need one of my brothers to hear me, it was probably a ridiculous hour. Silent tears were rolling down my face, this is not what I needed tonight. I was tired, cold, slightly agitated and I didn't even get to see Callan to say goodnight to him.

I eventually found the strength to slowly stand up, having to take a moment when a huge wave of dizziness engulfed me. I scrunched my eyes closed as my face contorted into a grimace.

Once I'd felt the slightest bit better, I scrambled to the light switch to turn it on. It was far too dark to see anything and who knows, Annabelle could be in here.