21

Should I change the cover?

.   .   .
I quietly made the girls lunch as they did their lesson. It's been a couple of weeks since their birthday, no much has really changed. Mathias is working pretty often as usual. He does try and make times for the girls when he can... The girls were excited today, Mathias has been gone this past week on a business trip. He was coming back home today.

"Arf" I felt something lick my ankle. I looked down to see tito "Hi puppy, let me finish the girl's food and I'll pick you up." Using a knife I cut off the toasted edges of the grilled cheese I made for lunch. I grabbed the two finished plates and headed towards the girl's lesson room. "Coming in" I announced before walking into the room. "Lunchtime" "yes!" Elena whisper shouted raising her arms to stretch. I handed them their lunch "Dank yooou" Emilia hummed taking a bite.

I picked up the small puppy by my feet. "Are you both almost finished?" They just nodded and continued eating. It chuckled softly because they nodded in sync. "Y'all make me want twins" "You have twins!" Emilia pouted "Yeah! Us duh!" Elena replied after in a sassy manner. Awe...

"Of course, yes how could I forget?" I gave them both a kiss on the head "call me when you're both finished with lunch." "Yes, Joanna" They mumble softly at the sam
e time. I left the girls to eat and headed towards my room.

Bing!

My phone buzzed as soon as I sat down. Quince was texting me...

Quin🗿
Hey pretty girl 🤠

Hi there sir

Quin🗿
Are you free tonight?

I am actually. Mathias is coming home and going to spend time with the girls :p
Why what's up?

Quin🗿
Let's see a movie :)

Sounds like fun :)

Quin🗿
Junior will be at his grandparent's house so it'll just be us

Alright! Just let me know when to get ready

Quin🗿
It a date! I'll pick you up at 7 pm😘

It's not a date
🖕🏽😛

Quin🗿
It's kinda a date😛🖕🏻

I chuckled softly tossing my phone on a pillow.

The girls soon finished eating as well as their lessons Mathias had came home a bit after.
My day was pretty much cleared for the rest of the day. "Bye guys see you when I get home!" I shouted as I opened the front door. I had already planned earlier to visit my family. I heard three distance byes from somewhere in the house.

*

"Let's go to the park," Jojo mumbled grabbing my head and pushing his forehead against mine. "Nope, I wanna stay home" "no Anna" "yes JoJo."

"Take him to the park Jo" my father chuckled as he plopped on top of his recliner. "Daddy I'm so tired! I can take him to the park the next time I come to visit."

Jojo groaned and dropped his head on top of my chest while he sat on my lap. "Princess you have a day off and you're spending it on my couch?"

"Yes a day well spent if I do say so myself!"

The long hours spent with the family seemed to go by ever so quickly. I had already found myself back at home getting ready for Quince's and I hang out. That's not a date...

He picked me up at the time he said before and drove us to the movies. I bought the tickets and he bought our snacks. It was like every other hangout we've had great, it's just junior wasn't with us this time. Quince and I constantly argued playfully if this outing was a date or not the whole night. Even as he was taking me back to the house.

"You're something else Joanna" Quince hummed as he swung our hands. We pause just before the steps to the front door. "Why thank you quince"

"I had a really good time..." He mumbled softly "oh did you?" His hand moved up to my elbow "I would be honored if you considered going on another date with me..." Quince then stepped closer "It wasn't a date Quince" I teased looking up at him "It so was a date Joanna" he pouted and stomped his feet "Was it tho?" His hand then dipped around my waist.

Quin pulled me closer to his chest..." quin.." I sighed softly... He then leaned in and paused before touching my lips with his. I felt my heart thump in my chest "It most definitely was a date..."

He then pressed his lush lips onto mine... His warm arms circled tighter around me. My face felt so hot, I kissed him back...

"I've been waiting to do that for soo long" He whispered stroking my bottom lip with his thumb once he pulled away...I paused before pushing him away "too much?"

"It's just...don't get me wrong quin. I like this!" I stepped forward and placed a quick kiss on his cheek "I do." "I'm happy you do."

"I just have so much going on. With taking care of the girls, my college classes. I'm the worst person to be in a relationship with right now."

"I get it, you're busy. I'm just letting you know how I feel. I like you...a lot."

I can't remember the last time someone kissed me. It may sound sad but, I completely gave up on dating in high school. "I like you too...I just can't be more than friends right now Quin."

"That's fine, I completely understand Jo."

I pulled him into a tight hug..."I should head inside.." "Have a goodnight Joanna"

"Sleep well quin" I hummed softly, he stepped back holding my hand then let go as soon as he was far enough he couldn't hold it.

Mathias

I was currently in my office working, per usual. I had just put my girls down to rest. These business trips always kill me, I miss them so much. I'm glad we got to have some time to ourselves today.

I should bring them with me one of these days...I could invite Joanna and she could watch the girls when I'd be gone for work. At least I won't be gone for days on end if I do bring them...

Before I got home I got a call from my father. Telling me not to come in tomorrow and spend more time with his grandchildren. I finally get a day off. No work, No Hannah...24 hours of my babies and I. How could it get any better than that?

I spaced out looking at the window that looked down to the front of my house. I see two figures walking up towards the front door. The light sensors turned on and I saw Joanna... She's home.

The second figure was the guy I met on the girl's birthday, Quince. My nosy side got the best of me...

I watched as he slides an arm around her waist...he was leaning in, about to kiss her. I closed the curtain quietly and sat back down... my body became hot but what for? I took a deep breath and glued my eyes back to my laptop. It's none of my business.

Joanna

I walked through the halls with a smile and knocked on top of Mathias's office door. "Come in...Joanna." I poked my head inside "How'd you know it was me?"

"Welcome home."

"How did your day go with the girls?"

Mathias was sat in his chair leaning back lazily. His dress shirt was unbuttoned a bit, showcasing a bit of his chest. His hair was a floppy mess that fell in front of his face. He looked like an absolute hot, hot mess. "Well, we had a great time. How was your day off?"

"It was pretty good, thanks!"

A small smile spread across his pink lips. "I'll leave you to your work...have a goodnight Mathias" "Sweet dreams, Joanna."

---

Those of you reading my other works I will be republishing on Goodnovel. @R.M.L is my username :)

If you wish to finish 'You're Under Me' or the 'All For him/them' books, I'll be finishing them on goodnovel.