23

"Joanna has her own bed guys..." Mathias glanced at me then his girls. "Yeah, you guys go right ahead. He's right," The girls didn't seem to happy with our replies. Emilia began to turn red and her eyebrows knit together "Pleasee!!" She shouted at Mathias who threw his head back. Elena began to turn red too "Please papa!!" they began to cry and whine.

Oh, dear...

"Hehe..." The twins giggled to themselves as they laid between Mathias and me in his bed... This was so weird...but they would've started a tantrum that could've lasted for hours. Though this mattress was so comfy, and his covers were so soft and smelt a bit like him...I found it oddly comforting.

Small arms wrapped themselves around my neck "hey crybaby" I hummed to Elena just stared at me. "What's wrong?" I cupped her little cheek she just shook her head.

"Nothing? Are you sure?"

She gave me a tired smile fluttering her eyes closed "girl you are half asleep" I chuckled softly moving a strand of hair out of her face. "I'm sorry Joanna" Mathias mumbled softly from the other side. "Don't be Mathias..."

Elena's arms became loose around my neck and her lips parted as she finally fell asleep. "They're happy. And that's what I like seeing."

"Mat..." He stated quietly staring at the ceiling. "Hm?" "Mathias, it's a mouthful. Don't you think?"

"Mathias It sounds just fine to me, but if you'd like me to call you Mat. I don't mind."

Mathias

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It didn't seem to wake up Emilia or Joanna "Papa" A small grunt came from Elena, who sat up straight rubbing her eyes. "Mi dispiace di averti svegliata piccola" (I'm sorry I woke you baby)

She raised her arms and I picked her up after rolling out of bed and gave her a tight hug. "Va bene" (It's ok) she mumbled into my shoulder "Sleep some more. I have to get ready, alright?"

"Sí"

I kissed her cheeks then put her back on the bed and gave Emilia a kiss of her own. Elena crawled over her sister and snuggled back into Joanna. Joanna shouldn't be in my bed, but then I could never say no to my girls.

Joanna just hummed softly and threw an arm over both my girls. I couldn't help but take a moment to stare. "Work" I then quietly reminded myself turning away to get ready...

Joanna

I found myself being woken up by little hands poking my face. "Joanna! Buongiorno!" "That means good morning right?" I yawned sitting up facing the two wide-awake toddlers. "Sí!" Emilia added with a giggle "What should we have for breakfast today?" Looking around the room I noticed it was quite clean, kinda aesthetically pleasing. The same color scheme of grey black and white all over "no oatmeal."

"Maybe some french toast?"

*

I made sure to watch the girls as they played in the backyard. My phone rang "Hello?" "Hey..." Quin sighed through the phone "Hey quin, how are you?"

"Junior and I are just out for some shopping, right bud?" "Are you talking to Joanna?!"

I chuckled "Hi Joanna" Junior's voice became clearer "How's your shopping mister?" "Good! I have new shoes, a new backpack, and yeah..."
"We still have more shopping to do, I just wanted to check in on you." "Well, thank you quin" he just hummed back "How are you doing?"

"The girls and I are in the backyard, not sure what we're going to do today." "Hmm, well you wanna maybe we could head do the park in a few hours? Hang out?"