10

The ride back to the house, the girls complained about eating too much.

As we drove into the drive way we were met with Cedric. He had helped me get the girls up to their room.

I changed the girls into more comfortable clothes before getting them into their beds. "Feel how hard." Elena told her sister while she looked at her own stomach. "Mine too" Emilia whispered before letting out a yawn.

Cuties.

"You'll feel way better after the nap girls"

"Miss.joanna?" Elena asked softly. "Yes?"

"Dank you for today" she yawned quietly before closing her eyes. I smiled "you're welcome."

After they were for sure asleep, I went to my room finishing some work online.

Mathias

I held the bridge of my nose "Mathias Mateo Ponte d'acqua . Listen to meeee!"

Hannah Lee stopped by my office today..."what."

"I need some money to go shopping baby!"

"Hannah... I can't right now okay? I'm busy"

"Whhhy..."she pouted flipping her hair in her face. I rolled my eyes looking at my screen at a Craigslist ad of a guy smell a bunch of puppy's 550$ each.

Should I buy my princesses...one to share, or two each. Two would be too much work "Mathias!"

I blocked her out, looking at the pictures of each puppy. Before coming across a light brown puppy with two different color eyes. Blue and green.

Instead this one was 1450$ Christ. Americans are greedy. "What are you looking at??" Hannah came behind me. "Ew. You're getting a dog for 1450$ but you can't give me some money Mathias?? Really.?!"

I ignored her messaging that man about purchasing the dog. Hannah gave up with talking to me and just plopped herself in my lap.

"I hate dogs baby...so when I start living with you. We're getting rid of it."

"Hannah you have to leave. Im working right now.".

"I know.." she sighed softly rubbing my chest. I grabbed her face pulling her into my lips. "I love you Mat"

"Love you too "

She left soon after that I called the man off the ad. "Yello?"

"I saw your ad about the puppies.. Id like to buy my daughter's one."

"Oh of course. Would you like to come by now? Or hold a pup for you.?"

"Hold please."

"Any specific one?"

"The light brown one with blue and green eyes. "

He chuckled "great choice but bad news."

I tapped my thumb on my desk. "Which is?"

"He's actually up for bid. A couple already offered 1550 for him and it ends in..45 minutes before the purchase is viable.".

"Why don't you have that up on the ad??"

"Sorry man."

"Fucking christ." I grumbled "we have other selections-"

"No. No I want that one." I stood up out of my seat grabbing my keys. "Oh- then-" I hung up.

I walked out of my office and told the receptionist to tell my father I went out on an errand. I worked for my father.

I drove to the bank, withdrawing a decent amount. then, drove to the man's address.

"Hello there." He came out. "You were the guy on the phone?" He asked. I just nodded. "You would like to bid higher...?".

"Yes."

"Well...the couple bidded 100$ extra"

"Go get the puppy" I mumbled pulling out my wallet. "But" "go."

He obeyed coming out with the dog. I put 2000$ in his hand before taking the dog. "Bye"

I placed it in the passenger seat. "Arff"

It rolled on its back before sneezing.

"My girls are gonna love you.."

I went to the pet store. I parked and looked at the dog. I had to take it with me.

I picked it up and got out locking the door. I bought a few toys, a food and water dish, food.

My phone rang once I finally got back I to my car. "Hello?"

"Mathias where the hell did you go?" My father voice called out. "Rilassare. I'm getting a gift for your granddaughter's. It couldn't wait." (Relax)

"What kind of gift?"

"A dog."

"non stai portando un cane nel mio edificio" he grumbled. "I'm not. I'm just going home real quick." (you are not bringing a dog into my building)

"Hm. How's bills daughter? Joanna. Is she all settled.?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure??"

"Yes father. Christ. "

"Her father is a great friend of mine Mateo" he told me using my middle name.

"I understand that."

"How is she with the twins.?"

I started my car and drove out the parking lot. "They love her."

"You know . You both knew each other when you were very very young"

"Huh. I didn't know that. I don't remember her."

He sighed. "We rarely ever visited America"

Our call soon ended and I made it home. It was around the girls nap time so I first checked their room. I see both my girls out. Snoring, drooling. "What tired them out?" I mumbled to myself.

I went next door and knocked on Joanna's door. "Just a sec!"

I waited, the door opened to Joanna in just a towel..."oh sir! Sorry. I just got out of the shower."

"Is that a puppy?!"

She used one hand to hold her towel and grabbed the puppy with the other. Is this not weird for her? Standing in a towel In front of me?... I looked away.

"Oh the girls are gonna love him" she whispered. I handed her the bag of stuff I brought. "Please get dressed." I cleared my throat. "Oh right- I'm sorry!"

She shut the door in my face. I felt my face warm. "I'm needed back at work. That's the gift for the girls.."

"Alright!" She shouted back. I shook my head chuckling before head back down the stairs.

Joanna

I just- walked out in my towel. Oh my god. I wasn't even thinking! I just saw a puppy a went-

"Arrrrf"

"Awe you're so cuteee. Let me get dress!" I put him on my bed. I wonder what the girls will name him.

He tumbled in my sheets. I quickly put on some casual clothes and went back to the puppy . "What a cutie you are"

~~~

Please Excuse Any Mistakes 🙏