9

"Beautiful name."

"Mm. Thank you" I took more time to look at quince. "Who are you with today?" He motioned to the children. "Two little twins. I'm a nanny"

"Oh nice. Those girls?" He pointed to Emilia and Elena . "Yep."

"Cute."

I hummed a reply before checking my phone. Noticing a text from Nathan checking in. One of my coworkers when I worked for the diner. Checking in.

That's sweet. I told him I mo d fairly quickly. Little details.

"How long have you been a nanny?'

I put my phone away. "Literally a day"

"Oh wow"

"I know. My boss was a bit desperate. He's the son of one- why am I telling you this" I mumbled the last part. He just chuckled. He looked like such a big dork. The responsible kind.

It's a bit weird knowing he has a kid. "How old is Quincy?"

"He actually turned 6 a few days ago." Quince leaned back watching his son run around then accidentally bumping into Elena. I saw Elena fall hard onto the blacktop of the playground. "Ah- shit" he mumbled.

We jogged over to the children. Elena holding her knee and her lip quivering. Emilia was telling at Quincy. "I said I'm sorry!!" Quincy jr. cried out. I squared next to Elena. "You're okay sweetheart." I checked her knee only seeing a few scratches. "Junior." Quince crossed his arms over his chest staring down at his son. Quincy jr. Walked closer to Elena with his head down.

"I'm weally sorry...Uhm..I got birthday money from my mommy...and I can buy you ice cream if you forgive me?"

Elena gasped and Emilia turned to Quincy jr. "What a gentleman" i chuckled softly. "What do you say girls. "

They nodded and agreed. We all walked to a nearby Coldstone. Well, We walked while I carried Elena who was being dramatic. 'If you don't cawwy meee, I'm gonna die! My leg is gonna fall!'

"Welcome to Coldstone! What can I get for you folks."

"We want strawberry shortcake!" The girls screamed. "Inside voices." I whispered. "And I want coconut!" Quincy said peeking over the counter alongside Emilia who couldn't quite really look over.

"Is that all?"

I nodded. "Today where having a family ice cream discount.
5% off the whole purchase.-"

"We aren-"

"That's great!" Quince cut me off. "Your total is 9.27 with 5% off"

"Here!" Quincy jr. Tossed the bill up to the lady since he couldn't reach over the counter to her. "Your change is 25 cents."

She handed to change to quince who gave it back to his son then the kids received their Ice cream bowls.

"Thank you, Quincy" the girls thanked him. "Welcommph" he replied with his mouth full.

I look up to his father who was looking at the girls "how old are they?"

"Turning five in several days"

"Wow. They way they talk is just so-"

"My reaction when I first met them." I laughed softly. "Quincy? Do you want to come to our party?" Elena asked eating her ice cream. "Party?" Quince asked leaning on his elbow.

"Their birthday party. It's happening soon."

"Daddy! Daddy! Can we please? Can we go?"

"Sure. Of course. I just need your number for updates and....things like that" quince leaned over the table with his phone out. "Updates..mm right"

I took it then gave him my number. Once they finished their ice cream we went back to the park to let them play for a little while longer.

Soon the quince (y) s had to go and the girls waved away to their new friend. "He's cool" Elena mumbled to her sister. "I hope he buys us ice cream again."

"Let's head back home girls."

As we drove back to the house I stopped at my aunt's diner for a bit of lunch. "Joanna!" She smiled. I was named after her. "Aunty Joan!"

"Who might these little princesses be??"

"I'm Emilia" "I'm Elena"

"Pretty little names for pretty little girls. Come sit loves!"

She brought us to a booth. the girl sat in high chairs. "What would you like to eat...?"

"Do you have....uhm yellow mush?" Emilia asked. "Is that... macaroni and cheese??"

"Yeah!"

"Well, of course, sugar. Both of you want that??"

They nodded. "What about you baby?"

"Chicken and waffles please and three glasses of water"

She left with our order. "I like it here" Emilia whispered looking around. "Me too" Elena agreed. "Do we have classes after this...?"

I checked my phone of their schedule I took a picture of it. "No. Not until another few hours. So when we go home, you both will have a nap."

"Im not tired!" Elena whined. "Oh believe me. You will be after you eat"

~~~