19

I watched buildings zoom by and raindrops race each other on the window. I snapped out of my daze once my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered my phone. "Hey, jo" quince's voice rung from the other line. "Hey quin" I hummed softly seeing Mathias glance at me in the corner of my eye. "What's up?"

"Uh..just heading home"

"From where ma'am"

"Nunya business sir. What can I do for you quin?"

"How are the girls doing?"

Mathias

I took quick glances at her as I drove us home. I knew she was talking to a guy and for some reason that unsettled me. I envied the way she spoke to him.

It was also so 'do that' 'get me that' blah blah blah with Hannah. A lot of giving...from my end.

"They're doing great hows junior doing" she chuckled softly. "Im not quite sure about the details yet. Mathias and I still have to work out some arrangements."

Mathias and I.

I had no clue why, but I liked how that sounded from her mouth...

Enough of that Matt. You have Hannah, she's your girlfriend.

We finally got home "I had a great time." Joanna told me as we got out of the car. "I did as well. I'm glad we could smooth things over"

We both went straight to my girl's room. They were both asleep soundly. "Buona notte caro" I mumbled softly kissing Emilia' s forehead "Buona notte amore mio" Then kissed Elena' s forehead.

I hated how big they've gotten already. Growing too beautiful too fast "goodnight girls" Joanna kissed their foreheads as well.

She then brushed the hair out of Elena's sleeping face.

Joanna

It surprised me how close I became with these girls so quickly. Even going to dinner for just a few hours I had missed their little smiles. God...When Emilia called me mama.

I still have no idea how to react to that. "I should head to bed" I mumbled to Mathias "Goodnight Joanna."

I gave him a small smile before heading towards the door. "Thank you." Mathias said behind me which made my chest flutter "Sleep well, Mathias."

With that, I went to my room and fell on top of my bed.

*
It was the early evening of the girl's birthday party. Mathias and I had done the preparations fairly quickly. I now currently was helping get the girls ready.

Since it was their day I let them choose our outfits.

Emilia wanted to wear yellow, so we all decided on adorable sunflower bell bottoms and a yellow top that I bought Just for this.

"Yes! I love it" Elena shouted up towards me. I stood in front of the mirror putting on lip gloss. "You do?!"

"We look good good good" she giggled spinning "What are these again?" Emilia who was sitting on my bed asked pulling on the bottoms of her pants.

"Bellbottoms honey, now let me fix your hairs."

They had such beautiful hair, I tied a yellow ribbon to their pigtails. "What are you gonna do with your hair?" Milia spoke as I finished up

"High ponytail with a ribbon like yours"

After getting all ready we went downstairs. "Where's papa?" "He's already at the fair waiting. I'm gonna be driving"