26

Joanna

I hate to say I found the information disappointing? "What do you mean?" I asked him "I've been with Hannah for 10 months, the only person I've been with after Eli," he sighed deeply after replying "you've only ever been in two relationships?!"

"Eli was my first everything."

Eliana, I grew more curious about her, It was just something about the way he talked... Mathias was just so comfortable talking about her, "what I meant before was, I don't know how to end it with Hannah Lee..." "You're gonna end it?" I asked a bit too quickly... "And now that's she's pregnant- isn't that a fucked up thing to do?"

"Papa! Can we put this up too!" Elena came running back and we paused our conversation as she picked up a canvas I drew on "It's me!" She showed Mathias the portrait I did of her with some pencil. "Joanna drew it for me," she said innocently as she walked up with the painting handing it to him before grabbing her
sisters.

"Emi?" Mathias called out to the missing little twin "coming!" She came running and holding tito by his armpits. "Oh honey don't hold him like that," I whispered helping her to carry him more comfortably "Gotta hold him like a little baby,"

"Grazie," she hummed and started rocking the puppy.

*

The girls had gone to bed when it had gotten pretty late. I was on top of my laptop finishing an essay in the living room with a couple of snacks I took out. "Hey," a soft mumble came from behind me "Hi," I turned around and saw Mathias rubbing his eye with absolutely no shirt on. When did this man even find the time to get abs? Manz is always working- Just seeing him like that made me think about the dream I had-

"I need help," He joined me on the couch and sighed "huh-?" I asked keeping my eyesight from going below his neck. He looked as though he just woke up from a nap, cause' his hair was a mess. "About earlier," "What can I do to help?"

"I know it's weird for an employer to ask an employee but I need help breaking up with Hannah-"

"Oh-"

I stopped a smile from growing on my face. Hannah was a piece of shit- Poor Mathias I couldn't even imagine being in a relationship with someone like her. "You don't wanna do it too harshly you know," Even though she deserves it "Your gonna be suck to the hip with this woman forever now that you got her pregnant-"

I could feel a migraine coming on just thinking about her. Mathias seems to feel the same way too because he stood up abruptly walking into the kitchen and coming out with a bottle of alcohol and two cups. He poured us each one before shooting back his before making another "Forever right, so what kind of break up would you suggest?" He continued our conversation.

"Over a dinner maybe?" I began drinking outta my cup "Though I think," I drank the rest of my cup and Mathias filled me up "one sec," I mumbled drinking the rest of that refill "I think a breakup text is just fine, for the right people,"

We drank more and the conversation became less of a head sore. "You could do it over a phone call," I suggested "it's one up from a text," and shrugged. "I think I'll do it over a text and take her out to discuss our situation about the baby..."

"That's an option,"

"How do I say it?"

He filled up our empty cups "give me your phone," I extended my hand out to him "Don't send anything-" "I'ma just type it so you can read it-"

I tapped away a bs breakup paragraph I'd use in high school. "It's not you.." I mumbled as I tapped "I'm sorry blah blah,"

"Let's have dinner tomorrow night. I'd like to talk about our situation more." I muttered before showing him the paragraph then going back to my cup. "I guess that looks ok," He mumbled as he read it over and started retyping something "Just gonna change this...white trash part,"

I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from smiling, I thought; thought I could spill it past. "May I ask what she did," "apart from poisoning your chiLdRen," I blew out a sigh and shrugged "She's incredibly and utterly- racist," He sat a bit up and knit his eyebrows together turning his body to me.

"What did she say to you?" "Some stupid shit I should've clocked her for," I mumbled thinking back cracking my knuckles with my thumb (Kaneki style👁️) I think I surprised him a bit at the way I said that- Cause he raised his eyebrows and leaned a little away before placing his hand on mine and stroking the top with his thumb. WOaH, sIr.

"Why didn't you tell me she said something like that sooner?" "She's your girlfriend and I just didn't think you'd do anything about it..."

"Didn't think I'd do anything if she said something racist? Especially to you? Someone my children care so much about? Are you serious-"

He paused before taking a breath and speaking again,

"What did she say to you?" I scoffed a grabbed the bottle of alcohol drinking from the bottle and shrugged "you don't wanna know," "Try me," "Then I don't want to talk about it."

An awkward silence broke between us so I began to pull my hand away just for him to hold onto it... "I'm sorry for anything she said," "it's not your fault," "It's my fault for letting it go unnoticed."

He looked down at me we such sincerity it made my stomach stir. "I'm a big girl Mathias...I don't blame you," our voices became soft "I can't help but feel guilty Joanna."

He went on about apologizing to be and I just listened.

Mathias

She had a sweet small smile as I ranted my sorries.

Dio. (God)

My eyes dropped to her lips, they just looked so... "Finished?" She asked snapping out of my small daze making me realize I had stopped talking. The small smile was still there it made me wanna kiss those pretty lips of hers-

Wait. Wasn't she with that Quince? I completely blanked, of course, they're together...I saw them that one night.

"Since, we've off the topic of my love life."

Joanna

He let my hand go and I immediately missed his warmth. "How's yours going," he faced forward and it almost felt like the mood had changed. Like we took a step back.

"Oh, uh non-existent."

He glanced at me from the side "Oh," he mumbled insightfully "I told him I didn't have time to be in a relationship," "Quince?" I didn't think he'd remember quin "ha, yeah what gave it away?"

"I noticed the way he looked at you at the girls party, you both seemed, close."

"I guess,"

"Thank you, for helping me out with Hannah."

"You're gonna send the text?" "Yep,"

~~~

Excuse za mistakes 👁