13

I had met with Quince and junior, driving to the fair. I stared out the window down wondering how the girls were, if they've woken up already. "Hey." Quince called to me, causing me to turn to him. "Hm?"

He reached over stroking my cheek with his thumb. "Relax, they're fine. Stop worrying so much"  He moved his hand away back to the steering wheel. "Yeah, sorry I just wish they were here, you know?"

"Yeah"

"We're gonna ride soooo much rides. Bumper cars, the fire one, the loop one, the water one, area 51" Junior listed the rides he wanted to try. "I'm just really really looking forward to those cinnamon sticks" Quin mumbled softly. "Ew cinnamon sticks? What are those daddy"

" you knowwww. Those donut with sugar and cinnamon-" "you mean churros?!" Junior shouted making Quince gave an adorable laugh to "yes buddy, those"

"You forgot what-?" "Shut up, I swear it was on the tip of my tongue " he just pouted while pulling into a parking lot. Once he parked he turned to his son "ready?" "Is that even a question Quince" junior squinted his eyes at his father. I double over laughing at the was he spoke. "Let's go"

I got out of the car met the quins at the front of the car. I scanned the area seeing tons of people just going in. "Oh jeez" I mumbled. "It's okay Joanna" Junior grabbed my hand. "When we go on the bumper cars, you're sitting with me"

"Wow" quin said as we all started walking to the entry-fee booth. Once we were in the first thing we had to do is get some unlimited ride credit pass for the three of us to share. "Daddy! Let's go please" Quincy jumped around holding the card up. I shook my head smiling at the small child then, noticing his jacket zipper was put on very wrong- "Hey junior" I popped a squat in front of him "h-hey Joanna" his head went down in a shy manner, his ears turned a hint to pink. So freaking adorable.

"Did you zip your jacket up by yourself?"

He nodded "well" I fixed his jacket and poked his cheek. He looked exactly like his father "Thank you" he mumbled softly. "You're welcome"

I stood up and took his hand. Quince grabbed his son's other hand and we we're off. The night consisted of a lot of junk food, rides, stories. It was great.

"Daddy! Let's go on the ferris wheel"

"Dude, it's 10:25. You need to go to sleep"

"Come on Quin. It's the only ride we haven't been on" Quince looked at me with squinted eyes. "Fine, but then we're going home" "yes"

We got in line and we're soon on the big slow wheel overlooking the rest of the fair. The lights were so vivid from up here. "Looooook!" Junior pointed at the people down below "they're like ants!"

The wonderful night finally came to an end when Quince drove me home. "Bye bye Joanna!" A sleepy junior wave at me as I got out of the car. "Bye bye junior" he giggled softly as I replied.

"I'll call you" Quin chuckled "and I'll probably answer"

He just pouted then mocked me "pRobaBly." I rolled my eyes playfully and waved them off as they started to drive home themselves. I still really wish the girls could've came.

I went inside, it was pretty dark so I went to the living room turning on a lamp. I felt my heart jump out of my chest when I turned around and saw Mathias on the chair behind me drink something from a glass and an almost empty bottle of alcohol. "For fuck sake" I groaned bringing a hand to my chest.

I guess hospital visiting hours were over. "Where were you" he asked softly in a Stern tone. "Out"

"Out, where?" "What does it matter to you  Mathias"

He took a swig of the liquid in his cup. "You work for me. When I ask you something you answer"

I scoffed shaking my head. "I went out with some friends. Had to keep my mind busy."

"Where's your girlfriend"

"Sent her home." 

"Are you really still considering moving her in?" "Don't start with me Joanna. That's none of your business if she is and isn't."

I rolled my eyes then turned towards upstairs "yeah, alright. I'm heading to bed. Goodnight Mathias."

~~