27

Mathias

I collapsed on my desk chair loosening my tie closing my eyes. I had just come back home from my meet with Hannah. Exhausted.

"What's the matter?" A soft voice asked me as I sighed "Nothing," I mumbled a reply to it.

I tensed when I felt a hand rub against my chest, then my neck. What the hell was going on...
"I'm fine," My body seemed to have a mind of its own speaking "You look tired Mathias." It cooed sounding closer "I had a long day."

"Tell me about it?"

I felt someone crawl on top of my lap sitting with their legs facing one direction. I tried to open my eyes but my body wouldn't let me.

"Please?"

A pair of lips pressed against my chin "I promise I'll help you feel better."

I paused before my body spoke out "Joanna." I stated softly as my arms filled with goosebumps. Joanna-?! "Yes?" She answered back so quickly it had cut my thoughts off.

I felt my eyelids become less heavy and I could finally open my eyes. I was met with dark chocolate orbs staring down at me.

I felt my hands slide themselves up to her hips before resting lowly. Her arms wrapped around my neck...was this real? I squeezed her hips, causing her to press her forehead against mine lazily "What's wrong?" She asked me pouting her pretty lips.

"Want a kiss?" She offered in a chuckle making me nod slowly while watching her lean down into me-

-

"Papa!" A shout makes me jump from my chair. Morning rays leaked through the window and I realized that I had fallen asleep as soon as I sat on my chair last night- it very much wasn't real.

"Buon Giorno!" (Good morning)Elena hummed hugging my legs with her hair a mess. I rubbed my face and cleared my throat "Ti sei appena svegliato?" (Did you just wake up?)

"Sí," "is Emilia up?" "Yeah,"

"Joanna...?" She nodded and I hummed, "I love her," she huffed into my shoulder "oh yeah?" I chuckled into her cheek while making my way to the hallway.

As I entered it I met Joanna holding a groggy Emilia. "Oh morning," she gave me a small smile making me pause and become nervous.

"Good morning..."

"I'ma take them down for breakfast, want some? I could make extra."

"Yes please," I replied following behind her downstairs to the kitchen. We sat the girls in their chairs "I'm gonna get ready for work while you cook," "Alright."

Joanna

"Mo- Joanna!" I snapped my head to the girl's then where the father had been previously. I sighed a sigh of relief when I saw he was already gone. "Yeah? What's up Elena?" I replied to the little girl who called for me, I was getting better at determining between their voices.

Good thing Mathias went out before he could hear that slip. No idea how he'd even react. I got it from both of them now. I'm not their mother, it was only right they understood that too.

After breakfast, Mathias went to work and I sat to talk with the girls in their chairs. "Do you know who Eliana is?" I asked them softly they paused Elena knit her eyebrows together in little frustration. My heart became sore "she's your mother," I said sadly.

"She has bright blonde hair like yours" I know this because Matthias blonde was a different p those that didn't match Mathias "sweet round eyes," "haven't your papa ever told you about her?"
When they didn't reply I just sighed "Well do you know who I am?"

"Joanna..."
"Joanna,"

"That's right...You're nanny, but that doesn't mean I love you any less," I cooed kissing their chubby cheeks lifting the mood a bit.

Mathias

I walked into my father's office in the middle of him eating again, per usual. "What?" He asked me not even looking up from his takeout.  "I'm single!" "Very good," he nodded "now you can get with that nanny of yours" he hummed making me give him a certain look of shock. "What?!" "I shouldn't say this about my friend's daughter but she'd have some Bellissimo Bambini." (Beautiful babies)

I scratched the back of my head "she-" I paused before speaking it really wasn't my business to tell anyone about Joanna's infertility. Especially when she hadn't even told her own parents. I kept quiet.

"Non posso credere che tu l'abbia detto." (I can't believe you said that" I added in a groan rubbing my forehead "haven't you seen her mother-?"

"Pa!" "I'm joking!"

~

AHH