Chapter 3: A Spoiled Game

The cafeteria line is kinda long. What makes it long, you might ask? Well, nothing, really. Except maybe for a big behemoth of a woman taking her sweet time getting all the food, when she should have plenty enough.

That woman being Akane Owari. Don't hold grudges against her, though. She had bad experiences in the past, which caused her to be not as social as she is now. Because of her bad life before, she was starving herself on the double. She had an eating disorder, but thankfully she met Nekomaru Nidai, the Ultimate Team Manager, and she attacks food ever since.

However, she still might have affects of her past eating disorder, because she binges. She will eat a whole lot at once, and not eat for long periods of time after her binge eating.

After we wait for her, I get my lunch. I am one that likes to eat in the back of rooms. As a result, I relax in the back of the cafeteria.

"T-Too m-many people here. I am o-one t-that doesn't like to eat in front of other people. I'll eat in the bathroom," Toko Fukawa leaves through the doors.

It's funny I mention Nekomaru earlier, because he is now sitting across from me. He has a deck of cards out. He is shuffling them.

"Hey, buddy," Nekomaru chants.

"Oh, uh, hey, Nidai," I say back.

"You wanna play some 'Uno' with me and Gundham? A great mental exercise helps with physical ones, too," Nekomaru offers.

"Sure, why not," I accept his offer to play cards.

Gundham joins us at the table. Nekomaru gives us seven cards each.

"Hey, boys," Akane notices us.

Akane has her mouth stuffed like a squirrel, and her cheeks are bright red. She sits next to me.

"Oh, hey, Akane," Nekomaru greets her.

"What you playing?" She wonders.

"We are playing a game of sacrifices, a game of numbers, and a game... that I played with Satan himself before, which I won! Fuhaha!" Gundham laughs.

"Huh?" Akane stares blankly at Gundham's face.

"In easier terms, we're playing 'Uno'," he made things simpler for her.

"Haha, this guy cracks me up," Nekomaru giggles.

"Can I play?" Akane wants to play.

"Of course," Nekomaru gives her seven cards.

"Okay, we are starting with a blue five," I flip over the first card on the top of the pile.

"Maga-Z, San-D, Cham-P, and Jum-P, play my card!" Gundham commands his hamsters.

The four hamsters place Gundham's card in a pile. It's a blue two. Akane's turn now.

"Skip, coach!" She places a blue skip down on the pile.

"Aw, nuts!" Nekomaru gives in.

It is now my turn. I place a plus four card for Gundham.

"Why, you... if you keep going on like this, there'll be some karma to pay, Makoto Naegi!" He collects four cards.

"I say we are going with yellow," I call out.

"Hey, guys, keep it down. Trying to enjoy a meal here," Taka lets his presence be known.

Someone else approaches us. I see a shadow of the person. Two people, actually.

"What kind of baby game is this?" Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu asks us.

"Do you mind?" Akane shrugs him off.

"Oh, what a shame it'd be if somebody did this?" Fuyuhiko pushes our cards on the floor.

"What the heck man?" Nekomaru stands up.

"You cowardly human, you pick those cards up right now, or we'll end ya!" Gundham stands up, too.

"Oh, I don't think so. My young master can do what he wants," Peko Pekoyama guards Fuyuhiko.

She pulls out her bamboo sword. With that, we have no choice but to not bother Fuyuhiko.

"Mhm, I may be the ruler of the Underworld, but even so, I would never hit a woman. Neither will my Four Dark Devas or Twelve Zodiac Generals," Gundham gives up trying to fight Fuyuhiko.

The four of us pick the cards up, and Nekomaru places them back in the box. What a way to ruin a game. Well, anyway, the game would have been short lived, because the bell for the next class starts ringing. There is only two left for the day, and this one will be Art.