Chapter 10: Behold Love

Komaru's point of view

"So, Komaru, how was school today?" Dad asked.

"It was alright for me, thanks," I answer.

I put some potatoes on my plate and take a bite. During family dinners, Dad asks the same question all the time: "How was school today"? Mom works a busy schedule, so she is barely around for supper time. She comes home pretty late at night. Dad's work hours are more flexible.

"Makoto asked out a girl today," I share.

"Komaru..." Makoto feels embarrassed.

"Really? Who is she?" Dad is indulged in the conversation.

"Um... um... uh, y'know... Kyoko Kirigiri," Makoto coughs.

I like saying things about Makoto that are embarrassing. I think it's funny to see him in this mood. There is a school dance coming up, which Makoto offered Kyoko to go with him.
I am one that thinks school dances are stupid. As a result, I do not plan on attending.

"A Kirigiri, huh, Makoto? I work with one of her uncles at the office," Dad mentions.

"Of course you do. But really, it's not too big of a deal. I asked her to one little dance. One. AS A FRIEND," he looks over to me.

"Yeah, uh huh, sure," I see right through his lies.

"Did she say yes, Makoto?"

"Uh, yeah, Dad. She did," Makoto told Dad.

"Ah, my son, there ya go. Closer to being a true man day in and day out," Dad pats Makoto's back.

"Yeah, sure, Dad," Makoto shrugs Dad's embrace off.

Once supper ended, I head up to my room. I begin doing homework on the laptop. As I was working, I got a text on my phone. The text is from Toko.

She let me know about a new guy coming to school tomorrow. He's coming from Hiroshima. His name is Kokichi Oma. Toko showed me his Facebook page, and oh my, is he a cutie. Oh, what am I saying? Calm down, girl. You're not getting a hold of yourself.

Junko's point of view

Izuru darling is ready for a day of training. If he's gonna do what I want him to do, he's going to have to bulk up. We kept him hidden in a small enclosed room all day, while my sister and me were gone from school.

There has already been tons of catastrophes for me caused by my other remnants. I cannot be more than thrilled about that fact. Fuyuhiko killed Sato, Mikan is seducing dumb men, Kazuichi is committing grand theft auto, Akane is starving herself, and so much more my lovelies are up to.

"Ryota, you got the videos ready?" I check in on Mr. Mitarai.

"Yes, ma'am, they are," he confirms.

"Excellent. Mukuro, bring him in," I snap some fingers together.

"Here he is, but man, it was some troubles to get him to comply. He bit my finger in retaliation, but after I hit him around a few times, he's behaving," Mukuro said.

"My boy, that's no way to behave to your one and only queens. Don't let it happen again, otherwise... hehe, you won't like the result," I threaten.

Izuru nods. I named him after the original founder of Hope's Peak from way back when. Hope's Peak, meh, what a joke.

"Good boy. Now, Ryota will be with you right now. You need to watch these training videos before you actually start your training. You wouldn't want to get hurt on day one, would you?"

Izuru nodded. He is so obedient when you lure him in the right direction. I love that about him. The best part is, he'll be doing anything I request of him. He has no choice.

"C'mon, Izuru," Ryota leads Izuru in the film room.

Speaking of rooms, I go in my room. Much to surprise, Mukuro stops in. These days keep getting better and better.

Mukuro handles all the public relations and talking for me. She might be my sister, but she is so lower than I am on the food chain. She, too, is like these morons. She will do anything I ask her to. Despite our differences, she sure is beautiful.

"You like what I'm doing?" I ask Mukuro.

She did not answer the question. All she did was show me her bloodied finger. Wow, he bit her pretty hard. I give her a band-aid, and look straight into her eyes.

Something inside of me can't help it. I have to do this. The lips of mine press against Mukuro's. She kisses me as well.

This is a moment of serenity. A moment that entails love for my sister. My gosh, this is amazing. I'm just putting up an act with Mikan. Mukuro is the real deal.