They Are Each Other's Family: Part 2, Chapter 15: Hope Always Wins

One year and six months after the Killing Games and the Neo-World Program

Makoto Naegi is setting up shop in the cellar of his mansion. Being a leader of Future Foundation comes with its positives. Makoto never let the Ultimate Despair get to him; as a matter of fact, he toppled that despair with his brimming hope. Once a normal guy with no unique talents, is now being known around Japan as "the Ultimate Hope".

His sister, Komaru Naegi, checks up on him. She was long behold another hope that overcame deadly despair.

"Looks good, don't it?" Makoto looks at his creation, with pride.

"Yeah, I guess so," Komaru answers.

"'Guess so?' C'mon, sister, this is my most crowning achievement. Well, other than the one at headquarters, of course," Makoto sips his coffee.

"Y'know, I'm sorry again. If I found Mom and Dad's bodies... they could've been helped, too. Despite that, I know they are in a much better place," he adds.

"I know, it's okay. We've done all that we all could. Who am I kidding? It was you mostly, 'Ultimate Hope'. What you've done bringing these people back, it's... truly inspiring. Additionally, you have made the Remnants of Despair much better people," Komaru pats his back.

"Heh, guess I did," Makoto examines his computer.

Fifteen pods seal their doors shut on the once fifteen "Remnants of Despair". Their bodies are as idle as their consciousness. Their minds got consumed by despair and chaos; as a result, Makoto put them under severe isolation inside of chambers. Since the Remnants are locked away and secured, Makoto resurrected the Remnants original forms before they were Remnants of Despair. Essentially, consider the Remnants of Despair an identical twin to their past selves.

"Hopefully that'll keep them confined from going anywhere," Makoto states.

"I know it will," a voice comes to join them in the cellar.

That voice would be Makoto's girlfriend: the Ultimate Detective, Kyoko Kirigiri. She was killed in a Killing Game, but Makoto with the help of Future Foundation, brought her back. They brought back everybody that was killed in the past eighteen months that were conflicted by despair. Yes, they even brought Junko Enoshima back to the land of the living. They only get one more chance, though.

Unfortunately, there were some people Future Foundation could not bring back. Either because their bodies were never found, or they have been deceased for so long. That list includes, Makoto's parents and Chiaki Nanami. Good thing is, though, Future Foundation is also in the business of making synthetic humans. With the aid of Chihiro Fujisaki, Future Foundation created an Artificial Intelligence Chiaki Nanami. 

"I know, too," Makoto agrees.

Komaru heads back up in the mansion, leaving Kyoko and Makoto down there. As weird as it may sound, Makoto and Kyoko have taken Komaru in like if she was one of their own. Since the Naegi's parents are gone, it was the most logical reason for Komaru to stay with Makoto. Thus, the three of them are like a happy family.

"Kyoko..." Makoto holds onto her right hand with his.

"Why did you do it? Why'd you let yourself be... you know..." he is reminding her of her forbidden action.

"Isn't it obvious? I wanted you to live on. W-Why would I just let someone I love and admire be killed? You're the Ultimate Hope, after all,"

"Plus..." she clinches his hands in hers.

"You brought me back. You brought most of us back. That counts for something, Mr. Hope," she confirms.

"Because in the end, hope always wins," The couple says at the same time.

They share a kiss and do some agent work. In summary, the world is starting to get back to the way the world was before. It was tough, but hope overcoming despair made that a possibility.

In the Asahina Residence, it is the most beautiful scene. Aoi Asahina is walking back inside after a dip in her pool. Her little brother, Yuta Asahina, is running around playing at will. But most importantly, Aoi's girlfriend is back with her: Sakura Ogami.

When Aoi comes out of the bathroom, she turns on the radio in her kitchen. The radio is playing today's country hits, a perfect fitting for the summer time. She brews the protein shake to perfection. She smiles at her creation. Aoi ventures down to the basement of her house, also known as "the woman cave".

"94... 95... 96... 97... 98... 99... and 100," Sakura takes a deep breath after her curling of dumbbells.

"Hina, I see you have my protein shake made," she hugs Aoi and takes the drink from her.

"Of course, Sakura," she smiles at her girlfriend.

"I'll starting making supper," Aoi adds.

"Very well. And by the way, Hina..."

"Yeah, Sakura?"

"Thank you... for everything again."

"You're so welcome, honey," she kisses Sakura.

The big white mansion sitting on a grassy hill by the city limit sign, houses Byakuya Togami. He is the Ultimate Affluent Progeny and the only surviving member of the Togami Family left. On top of this, he is also a Future Foundation Agent.

He grabs a book from off of his bookshelf, and is enjoying a hot cup of refreshing tea. He sits down on his red velvet bed.

"Ah, you've earned this: a soft bed, warm tea, a good book, and two whole days without 'Master!' 'Master!'!" Byakuya imitates Toko.

"Master Byuakya!" He hears Toko outside his window.

"What the?" Byakuya is in shock.

"Nagito, get 'rid of her," he demands.

"Of course," Nagito nods and goes outside.

When Nagito was a Remnant of Despair, he served as a servant to Junko and the Warriors of Hope. Not only that, but he kept Byakuya held hostage just so Komaru and Toko would compete in his "game". To surprise, because of that time Byaukya was held hostage, he actually was not treated like a prisoner. Instead, he formed a bond and a friendship with Mr. Komaeda.

In Yasuhiro Hagakure's house, he is playing Dungeons and Dragons with his friends, Korekiyo Shinguji and Mikan Tsumiki. They are in his mom's basement.

"Oh, dear, it seems an evil witch has our queen held captive," Yasuhiro points out.

"Help! Help me! I need a hero; like two big strong men!" Mikan yelps for help.

"We'll save you, queen!" Kiyo calls out.

The two frolic in the air like elementary kids. Yasuhiro shoots a dummy with a Nerf gun, and Kiyo slices the same dummy with a plastic knife.

"We saved you, queen!" Yasuhiro chants.

"My heros," she kisses both of them on the cheek.

The door creeks open. It's Hiroko Hagakure, Yasuhiro's mother. She heads down with two pizza boxes and a bottle of soda.

"Mom, how many times do I have to tell you? Don't come down here when we're larping!" Yasuhiro reminds his mother.

"Sorry, honey, but that cute boy from Pizza Hut, Rantaro delivered some pizzas and a Coke. I thought you all might've been hungry from your role-play," she gives the pizza to her son.

Even though these six above mentioned are Future Foundation Agents, they are still school students. They'll attend classes, at the same time being symbols of hope. Events have hit an all time high.