Chapter 27: Fight for Your Life

I am giving credit to "The Walking Dead: A New Frontier", for insipiration for an event in this chapter.

Nothing out of the unusual ocurred during the rest of my shift. That is good. Time to head on home now. Before I leave, I bumped into someone in the middle of the hallway.

"Makoto Naegi," Junko speaks my name.

"Junko Enoshima," I repeat her name.

"Long time no see," she said.

"Yep," I reply.

"Good seeing you," she stated.

"Likewise," I reply.

"A-Ah, Mr Makoto... she was with me," Seiko comes out of her lab.

Seiko Kimura works at Future Foundation. Like Kiyo, Seiko will often wear a face mask to hide her facial expressions. She is known as "The Ultimate Pharmacist", and sometimes she's got a mean streak. It would be best to not make her mad. She is also best friends with Ruruka Ando, another Future Foundation employee. She is the Ultimate Confectioner. Nevertheless, it makes sense of Junko and Seiko being together.

"I noticed the bottle," I point to the pill bottle Junko is holding in her hand.

"Wouldn't you like to know what those are for?" She snarled.

"But uh... if you must know, they are antidepressants," Junko said, anyway.

"N-now now, Miss Junko... t-take those as I r-recommended," Seiko instructs Junko.

"I know. I'll be going now. Anyway, good catching up with you, Naegi. By the way, you've got a sweet boot," she slaps my butt.

I jump from that. Junko exits the building. Mikan started to run after her. Well, at least she's gone now, too. I bring her back and she smacks my rear end. Not only that, but she is depressed? She is the Ultimate Despair after all, so can't say I am surprised by that fact.

I begin to drive home. As I am at a stoplight, I noticed my car's fuel tank is getting low. Well, time to fuel up with some gas. Good thing a 7 Eleven is right to the left after these stoplights. As soon as the light turns green, I drive to a gas pump. This 7 Eleven is prepay. Meaning, I will have to go in and pay first before I fuel up.

I walk in, and instantly pick up on that convenient store scent. Before I pay for gas, I think I will buy some other things for my house. I pick up a basket by the sliding doors to begin shopping. There is a half gallon of 2% milk on sale, as well as some energy bars. Because Komaru loves this stuff, I place some Faygo soda in the basket, too. Might as well buy Kyoko something while at I'm at it.

I scan through the sweets aisle to see if there's anything she'd like. While I am inside the aisle, I hear an altercation at the front of the store. I quickly hide between the sweets and boxed soda aisles to see what's going on without being noticed.

"Gimme all your money, now!" A man screams.

While she begs and screams for her life, the cashier starts handing the man yen. I take out my pistol from its holster. Mind you, I still have my police uniform on. I just got done from work.

"This can't be all of it?!" The robber shouts.

"It is all of it! Please, I'm telling the truth!" The woman pleads.

The robber points his gun at the poor teenage worker. I've had enough of this. I shoot his pistol with mine, and his falls to the floor. I rush up to him. He's not going down without a fight.

A fight he wants? Well, a fight he'll get. He kicks me a few times, but I start kicking him. He then fights me off, and pushes me into a shelf with dog food. I am stunned for a moment.