Chapter 30: The Flight

The alarm goes off at 4:30. I knew we'd be leaving early, so I set the alarm early. I hear the water running in the bathroom across the hall. Kyoko's up already.

I gather my clothes and wait for Kyoko to be done. Nearly five minutes later, she comes out.

"Good morning," I say to her.

"Morning," she replies back.

"This is it: the cruise day. This'll be a great stress relief for us," I mention.

"I hope so," Kyoko packs her suitcase.

The flight to Chile leaves the airport at 6:00, so I shower and pack as fast as I can. I got it all packed in a reasonable time. It is now 5:00.

Komaru got up early. She is sitting at the table in the kitchen. I see Teruteru is not with her at the moment. He went back to his own place? Well, that's good.

"We'll be going now," I announce.

"Okay, have a great time," Komaru smiles.

"Komaru Naegi, we expect you to be on your best behavior. We will continually to contact you throughout the cruise, to make sure you are behaving," Kyoko lays down the rules.

"And no parties," I add.

"I got you. No problems here," Komaru nods.

"We love you," Kyoko adds.

"Love you, too," Komaru replied.

After we part ways, Kyoko and I leave for the airport. We buy our tickets and wait for our flight to be called. I take a seat at the airport bar, while Kyoko sits in a chair in the waiting area.

"I'll have a Johnnie Walker on the rocks," I tell the bar tender.

Without questioning, he pours my whiskey into a shot glass. I take a shot, then I ask for more. I feel a finger tap my shoulder.

"A little too early to be driking, isn't it?" Kyoko interogates me.

"Well, yes, and no. But I'm on holiday, so I can have this moment," I take another shot.

"Don't drink too heavily. Makoto Naegi, you are an agent of the law," she scorns.

"Now boarding Delta Airlines Flight 1717 to Santigo, Chile," we hear the announcement.

"We will discuss this later," she nags.

She may be hard on those kinds of things, however, I'm just fine. I don't feel anything bad.

Anyway, we got on the plane. We put our luggage in the cubbies above the plane. I sit down in my seat. Kyoko sits next to me. We interlock our hands into one another. After some time, the flight to Chile takes off. It will feel nice leaving the cold late fall air, going into the warm sunshine of a South American coastline. This curise will go in its capital, Santigo, then eventually, go all the way up and down the country.

"Here are some orange slices and fruit punch, madam and sir," the flight attendent hands us some snacks.

"Thank you," Kyoko thanks her and gives her a ¥300 tip.

"Passagengers, this is your captain speaking! This will be about a twelve hour flight. All the meals and luxuries will be provided for free, as part of your ticket purchase. The in flight movie for the night will be 'I am Legend'. Thank you once again for flying with Delta Airlines!" The pilot speaks through the speakers.

The plane starts to take off. Eventually, we go into the sky. This is a great flight, and it will be a great cruise. I just know it'll be.