Book Three: The Leaky Cauldron

Just so you know, I did write out the first bit properly, with her reactions to the news and everything, but then it didn't save, and I didn't really want to re-write it because it took me a while, so now it's just a brief summary. Sorry!

And the picture on this chapter is Danny (you'll know who he is soon enough)

*****************************************

You don't understand how weird things have been for me this summer.

First off, Gertrude is hardly ever around, off with her new Slytherin boyfriend all the time .

Secondly, my aunt and uncle have been avoiding as much as possible. They won't admit to it, but I know it's true. That's fine. I don't want to be anywhere near them. They've kept too many secrets from me. I had a whole other life I didn't know about.

Thirdly, the reason they're avoiding me is because they didn't tell me about my twin brother.

They made the excuse that I wasn't "old enough" to know. That finding out that they weren't my real parents was pressure enough for one year. I disagree.

Telling me they're my parents is one thing, acting like I don't have a sibling or likes me is another (of course, I now know Gertrude isn't my sibling, thank goodness).

They showed me a recent picture Dumbledore gave them. If it wasn't for him, I still wouldn't know about my twin.

His name is Dathaniel. He has short black hair and brown eyes and resembles our mother, apparently. He has freckles and a friendly smile.

According to Dumbledore, he's lived in America since our parents died with the other side of our family, Mum's side. Since they have no magic schools over there, he didn't find out he was a wizard until a few months ago, when he ran away from home. His current location is the Leaky Cauldron, where he is staying with - according to the Daily Prophet - Harry. We've communicated by owl post but we have yet to meet in person.

Just when I thought my life couldn't get any crazier.

******************************************

"Harry! Dathaniel! HARRY! DATHANIEL!" Hermione shouts.

We are sitting outside Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour, all of us, Ron looking incredibly freckle and Hermione and me very brown, all waving frantically at Harry and Dathaniel, whom I run up to and give a big hug which he returns gladly. We're both laughing and hanging on so tightly I swear we'll stop breathing.

I've changed a bit over the summer. I've stopped wearing my hair in braids and now let it fall loosely around my shoulders. I've grown into my features a bit and now choose any opportunity I can to wear pink.

"Finally!" says Ron, grinning at Harry and Dathaniel as they sit down. "We went to the Leaky Cauldron, but they said you'd left, and we went to Flourish and Blotts, and Madam Malkin's, and-"

"We got all our school stuff last week," Harry explains. "And how come you know I'm staying at the Leaky Cauldron?"

"Dad," says Ron simply before turning to Dathaniol. "I'm Ron Weasley, and that's Hermione Granger. You must be Dawn's brother Dathaniel."

"Yeah, but you can call me Danny."

Mr Weasley, who works at the Ministry of Magic, would of course heard the whole story of what happened to Harry's Aunt Marge, so, naturally, me and Hermione have been filled in.

"Did you really blow up your aunt, Harry?" I say very seriously.

"He didn't mean to," says Danny, while Ron roars with laughter. "He just - lost control."