The Case

"Spencer it's super late where are we going" Spencer had made you dress up and picked you up from your apartment

"It's a surprise" He took your hand and lead you through the streets

You were tired until he lead you to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. You stopped in your tracks pulling Spencer back. "Spence it's closed what are we doing"

"Don't worry about it, I know a way in" he grabbed your hand and pulled you towards an employee entrance. He took out something from his jacket pocket and bent down on one knee. That's when you realized he was about to pick the lock.

"Is the resident genius really breaking into a museum, I'm pretty sure this isn't 100% legal" you whispered "I don't think that's very smart of you"

"Don't worry" he poked his tongue out and began working the lock "I know people that work for the FBI, we can make bail"

You giggled and looked down the halls to make sure it was clear. "I didn't even know that you knew how to do this" 

"I have many hidden talents" once he opened the door he began to walk you inside. He lead you to a Hall of Ocean Life exhibit. You looked up and saw a huge whale hovering above you

"You know this is a blue whale" he began to whisper "It's actually the biggest animal ever known to exist. You know they actually migrate long distances by themselves or in groups called pods. And they are known to breed in southern warm waters during the winter and feed in polar seas during the spring and summer and-" you watched him look up while he was talking but he cut himself off

"I'm rambling aren't I, I'm sorry" he looked down at his feet

"I like it when you ramble" he lifted his face to look at you and smiled "I love the way you look so happy and passionate while you talk"

"Really" he questioned "People usually think it's annoying"

"I don't think it's annoying, I find it annoying when people cut you off" you intertwined your hand with his and looked back up to the giant whale "Tell me about the structure" you could already see the smile forming on his face

"This structure hanging above us was built in the mid 1960s and was actually based on the photographs of a dead female blue whale  found off the southern tip of South America in 1925. And then in 2001 they renovated it to make the whales features more accurate such as flattening the eyes, correcting the blowhole, tapering the tail and adding a belly button which you can see right there"

Spencer pointed up but you just looked at him instead. The blue light dimly lit his face and you could see the sparkle in his eyes while he spoke. You knew you loved him but you decided to wait on that and take things slow. He looked back down at you and you leaned in to kiss him. It took him by surprise but he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you in closer.

"What was that for" he said as he pulled away

"Just because" you latched onto his hand began to walk "Come on tell me more"

...

"Okay so I just got off the phone and they already set up a task force in Los Angeles" JJ spoke as she sat down next to you

"Well this isn't their first serial case" Rossi spoke

"You remember Detective Owen Kim" JJ looked over to Spencer on the couch

But Hotch responded, he was sitting beside you "From the stalker case"

"Yes, you remember that case don't you Spence?" you sensed a slight tease coming from JJ

"I do remember that case" he happily agreed

"Ever talk to um Lila anymore?"

You were intrigued and looked over to Spencer. He looked away from you back down to his file and decided to divert the conversation "You know I think we should probably focus on this case right now. It's a little more pertinent" he looked at everyone but you

"Wait who's Lila" you weren't going to let him off the hook so easily

"His little girlfriend" Derek patted Spencer on the shoulder. You saw Spencer's lip twitch and he buried his face in his hands

"Oh really" you looked over to JJ

"Yup he even ended up in her pool and-"

"Okay JJ thank you for the recap" Spencer nervously laughed "We haven't talked in years so can we get back to this case"

Everyone went back to the task at hand and you spoke up "Well the unsub is a narcissist as indicated in these letters and a sadist considering the victims were tortured for 3 days before killing them"

"Looks like these girls were taken from suburban neighborhoods" Rossi added

"Is there anything in common between the girls" you asked

"Yeah look at the pictures, they are definitely a surrogate for someone"

Everyone kept talking the details over and eventually landed in LA. Hotch decided it was too late and that everyone should rest in order to get up early in the morning and start fresh.

...

Spencer caught up to you before you could enter your room.

"Hey you aren't upset about the what JJ mentioned on the jet right"

"Oh about your little girlfriend Lila" you teased

"Well she is in the past so don't call her that" he rested his hands at your sides and leaned down to kiss you

"Oh do you have a new girlfriend now"

"Yep" he peppered kisses down your neck "And she is gorgeous"

"Well Doctor why don't I invite you inside and you can tell me more about how gorgeous she is" you giggled as he brought his lips to your mouth

"Sounds like a plan" he mumbled into your lips

You turned the door knob behind you and let both of you stride inside without letting go of each other. You gently tugged on his hair and pressed him against the door shutting it. His hands traveled up and down your thighs. Your hand made its way to Spencer's tie and you pulled on it, guiding the both of you towards the hotel bed. Ending the night on a perfect note.

...

You had realized that you were never one for fraternization in the work place but that was until you met Spencer. As you were walking down an empty alleyway you realized you had probably made the mistake of falling for him. The biggest flaw in this was the part where you let your emotions get in the way of having a rational mind. You knew that splitting up wasn't the best choice but you didn't want to fight him on it.

It was dark and you could barley see. So when you were about to check behind the dumpster you were caught by surprise when you felt someone slam you into the concrete wall, you dropped your gun. You yelped and elbowed the man behind you. Once he was off you, you attempted to reach for your gun but the man grabbed you again. He over powered you and turned you around to face him.

"Y/n where did you go" you heard Spencer from the distance

You were about to call out his name when the unsub covered your mouth. Preventing you from making any noise. You kept wiggling to free yourself but it clearly upset him.

"Shut the hell up or he's dead"

You whimpered and didn't listen. You kept trying to free yourself

He hit you over the head with his own gun and you collapsed to the floor. It was blurry but you could see another figure in the distance running towards you.

"Y/n" they called out, it was Spencer

You wanted to scream and tell him to look out but you couldn't. You couldn't move. You watched the unsub shoot Spencer and he collapsed to the floor. You knew he had his vest so you prayed he was ok. But the unsub didn't stop, he continued to walk over to Spencer.

You wanted to move but you couldn't. Your vision got blurrier and the alley was disappearing. Before you knew it the world went dark.