The Elevator

I just wanted to share this immaculate gif  : )

I just wanted to share this immaculate gif : )

* Present Day*

"I'm sorry I left the way I did but-"

"Oh yeah a letter explaining how we weren't real and we didn't mean anything to each other" he smiled but there was no humor behind it "You dropped off the face of the earth with no warning or anything just a stupid piece of paper sitting on my counter, you left just like my dad and just like Gideon. So I really don't feel like being friends with you"

"Spencer" you called out but it was too late. He had already walked away...

You followed him out into the bullpen. "Spencer can we please talk"

You lightly grazed his hand but he jerked himself away and turned to face you "I already said no so just fuck off"

You almost flinched at his words. It had been years, you expected for him to change but seeing him so upfront was surprising. You could feel the eyes staring at the both of you. It was the first day back and you had already fucked up.

Spencer looked around and brushed past you to exit. You just stood in the middle of the bullpen like an idiot and didn't know what to do until you felt a light tap on your shoulder.

"He's had it rough these past years" it was JJ

"I know"

"Trust me deep down I know he's glad that his best friend is back" JJ rubbed your shoulder before walking away again

"Right" you whispered and looked down at your feet. You had almost forgotten that no one knew about you and Spencer

"He wasn't just your friend was he" you heard a voice beside you. You looked down and it was Luke sitting in your old desk.

"You were just sitting there the whole time" you joked

"Deflecting I see" his smile was sweet and he was just trying to be a new friend

"Um" you looked around to see if anyone else you knew was listening "Yeah he was more than a friend"

"Wait you and Reid were a thing" your eyes widened when you heard another voice. It was Tara. She had snuck up behind you

"Well it looks like the BAU still loves it's gossip" you stepped to the side so Tara could join the conversation "Yeah we were a thing"

"So what happened" Luke grabbed the mug on his table and took a sip

"Uh" you smiled the most you could so you wouldn't start feeling guilty all over again "I sort of disappeared on everybody"

"Wait your that Agent" Tara pointed her finger at you

"What do you mean" you furrowed your brows

"There have been many agents these guys have talked about that we never met like Elle, Kate, Blake ect. but you were the most talked about"