Epilogue

~The Day You Eloped~

"What about that one" you pointed at the small silver wedding band with a tiny diamond embedded inside

"I love it" Spencer's arm was wrapped around your waist as you both looked at the ring presented in front of you "We will take them" he looked up at the store clerk and they walked away with two wedding bands in hand getting them packed up

"Does the officiant know the location and everything" you looked up at him

"Yes" he leaned down and kissed you "And I promise I will get you a better ring someday"

"I don't care if you would have gotten me a ring pop, it's the thought that counts" you murmured into his lips

"Oo" he inhaled and sighed "You should've said that sooner, could've saved enough for dinner" he joked

"Oh shut it" you giggled

"Here you go" the store clerk handed you a bag and both you and Spencer made your way out the store hand in hand, rushing to your apartment

"Let's get married" Spencer hummed

"Yes please" you giggled walking hand in hand out the store

...

"Derek!" you yelped

His arms were wide open and you basically jumped into them. His arms wrapped around your waist and he lifted you up and spun you around "Y/n!"

"I'm so sorry for leaving without saying goodbye, I missed you so much" you buried your nose into his shoulder and smiled

"It's totally okay, you came back" he put you back down "I can't believe you're marrying pretty boy"

"I can't believe it either" Spencer wrapped his arm around your shoulder and kissed your temple

"Hold on" Derek looked down at his phone and raised his brow "I will be right back" he ran down the hallway of the courthouse and into the stairway

You turned so you would face Spencer "Are you sure about this?"

"Y/n" he took both of your hands in his and looked into your eyes as if you were the only woman on earth "I'm done waiting, I love you and I want to start sharing my life with you now. Are you sure?"

"I have never been more sure about anything else in my life" you whispered and reached up to kiss his soft tender lips, it felt like you had waited an eternity for this moment. The moment where you knew everything was finally going to be okay and life was going to be perfect. You slowly pulled away when you heard footsteps walking towards you, you turned your head and it was Hotch

"Aaron" your voice cracked and you ran up to him to engulf him in a hug "I'm sorry"

"I should be the one that's sorry" he wrapped his arms around you "Instead of helping you I fired you"

"No, you are the one that gave me the push I needed" you pulled away and looked up at him "Thank you"

He finally pulled a genuine smile, after so many years you didn't know if you would see that man smile.

"Y/n Y/l/n and Spencer Reid" a door opened and a woman came out calling your names

Both you and Spencer looked at each other and nodded before walking inside. All four of you walked in and Derek stood behind Spencer while Hotch stood behind you. Spencer took his hands in yours and you began to listen to the man in front of you and Spencer

"Welcome. A wedding is such a wonderful occasion, filled with hopes, dreams, and excitement. We are here today to celebrate the love that Bride and Groom have for each other and to recognize and witness their decision to journey forward in their lives as husband and wife..."

As he continued to speak you drifted away into Spencer's eyes, finally allowing yourself to see a long future with Spencer. Finally being able to love each other and be in each other's arms for the rest of your lives.

"The rings?" he asked

You turned to Hotch and he handed you the wedding band for Spencer and Derek did the same. You smiled as he placed the ring onto your finger and once he was done you placed his ring on his finger.

"Have you prepared any vows?" The officiant asked

Spencer took the opportunity to speak first "Y/n I had a really good speech prepared on the drive over here but I don't remember it now which is crazy because I have an eidetic memory." you giggled and continued to listen "Most of my life I felt like an outsider like I could never be a part of something meaningful. Until I met you, my soulmate. All I wanted in life was for someone to see me for who I really am and accept all my flaws and outbursts of nerdy energy." Spencer laughed as he blinked his happy tears away "Y/n you make me feel like I belong, like I have a place in this world. And that place is to be here with you, to love and cherish you until we grow old and wrinkly. I am going to love you even when you forget to put the cap back onto the toothpaste or even the times you forget to put my books back in the right shelf. Even in our worst fights I promise that I will keep loving you until my very last dying breathe."

You blinked away the tears in your eyes and began to talk "Well I don't know how I'm going to top that" Spencer gave you a small laugh and squeezed your hands "For a long time I walked around aimlessly through life" you began "And I felt like there was no meaning to life. Like all those cheesy romance novels were just fiction, it wasn't real. But then I met the resident genius of the BAU. I fell in love with a man who won't shake anyone's hand or refuses to press an elevator button without having hand sanitizer in his pocket. Through all of those amazing quirks of yours, you showed me how to feel. You made my life have meaning again. Spending 8 years apart from each other was torture and I never want to be away from you again. I promise that through every hardship and fight we have I will stay and stick by your side." You watched his eyes water and his nose twitch "Spencer i will love you for an endless eternity, I will love you with every ounce of my body until death do us part."

You could have said I do and kissed him right then and there, you could tell he wanted to do the same. But patience was key. You had your whole life ahead of you.

The officiant turned his head to face Spencer "Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer keeping yourself unto her for as long as you both shall live?"

You had never seen Spencer look so emotional, his smile was plastered onto his face and tears were just about ready to fall from his eyes. He began to rub circles with his thumb and smiled "I do"

He now turned to you "Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer keeping yourself unto him for as long as you both shall live?"

You sniffled back the tears of pure joy in your eyes and looked up at him "I do"

"If there is anyone present who may show just and lawful cause why this couple may not be legally wed, let them speak now or forever hold their peace. By the authority vested in me by the State of Virginia, I now pronounce you both husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride"

Spencer pulled you in and placed his lips unto yours. His hands softly rested on your cheeks and yours laid at his sides. It felt like you could hold him like this for an eternity. He pulled away and smiled before you pushed your lips onto him one more time. Trying to capture this memory in your head.

Forever.

The end.