The Letter

He was furiously kicking you all over. You tried curling into a ball but it was no use. He kept hitting and kicking until he was tired. Leaving you on the floor, numb...

"Y/n"

You felt hands wrapping around your throat again. Numbing yourself to the pain he was inflicting on your stomach.

"Y/n"

The water hit you. You tried cover as much as yourself as you could but it hurt to move. What hurt more was feeling the water enter your lungs. You tried to use your hands to block your face but it was no use.

"Y/n!"

"Yes I'm sorry what" you were staring at the file in your hands for way too long

"Are you okay? Ever since we got you back you have been acting differently" Emily grabbed a seat next to you "I mean I understand why but have you talked to someone"

"I'm fine" you rested your back against the chair

"You have been distracted"

Her hand traveled to yours and the other rested on your cheek. You smiled and a tear fell from your face. "I said I'm fine"

You moved her hands and quickly wiped your face. The phone rang. You cleared your throat and Hotch was on the line "Hello"

"I thought you said the unsub was coming to the ranch"

The unsub was not going down without a fight. Which meant lives could be lost if you didn't catch him.  You were distracted and now you gave Hotch the wrong location. "Um"

"Y/n"

You skimmed the files and started to think. The unsub had a necklace that was important and he wanted to give back to his mother. To say goodbye. But you kept thinking and remembered the girl that was sitting in the room next to yours. He wasn't saying goodbye to his mom he was going to say goodbye to her. He was coming here.

"Y/n"

"Sir I made a mistake"

"You wha-"

"He's coming here. To the station" you quickly hung up the phone and walked towards the exit. Emily was following behind. You watched the unsub walk down the street. Armed. And out in the open

"Emily cover me" you took your gun out of your holster and handed it to her

"Wha- wait Y/n"

You looked back at her "Do not shoot"

"Y/n"

You ignored her and kept walking towards the unsub. His name was Owen and he was going to take himself out along with anyone in his path. You weren't wearing a vest and you barley had a plan. In full honesty you didn't know what you were doing

"Owen I don't have a gun" you held your hands up so he could see that you weren't armed "My name is Y/n and I work with the FBI, I'm here to help you"

"I need you to stay back" he began to point at you

You heard the SUV wheels screeching behind you. You kept walking closer "I know that the only reason you killed all those people was to protect Jordan, I know that the harder you tried the worse it got and everyone just stood there and watched you suffer"

"Get back!"

"No one ever helped in the right way"

You had realized that you blocked the shot. But you didn't care. You didn't want to lose anyone else. You wanted today to be a victory. Just arrest him and keep moving.