The Prisoner

An upset Spencer was walking out of Emily's office. Your eyes followed him out into the hallway until he disappeared. Emily walked out of her office and her eyes landed on you.

"Agent Y/l/n" she motioned for you to go to her

You closed the file you were working on and stood from your chair. Everyone else was focused on their work but you were more worried for the reasoning of your needed presence in the office. If Spencer hadn't come out looking so upset you wouldn't have been worried. Did Emily find out about your real reason for leaving?

She held the door open for you as you walked in. As you walked in you turned to face her "What's up"

"Take a seat"

You felt your heart beating faster, you were confused. You didn't want to read too much into her facial expression since everyone agreed to not profile each other. Had you messed up on a case?

She didn't walk over to her desk chair, she walked over to the chair next to the one you sat in. Now you were even more confused.

"John McKay" she muttered "He has requested to see you"

You wished anything else but this, this feeling was worse than any other. "What"

"He was transferred here to Virginia and he is on death row, his last request was to see you"

"Why" you could barley speak, your voice was just above a whisper

"I am not sure but Spencer is waiting in the SUV downstairs but if you don't want to go I can call him back up"

You never really got to have the closure you wanted. You were too scared to confront the person that had ruined you. Still you didn't know if going was the best option. But you could finally get confrontation over with.

"I'll go but what if we get a case"

"Don't worry about it, you go"

"Alright" you stood from your chair and walked over to the door but you turned to her before you left "Why Spencer"

"I know that the both of you used to be like best friends, I figured letting him take you would be nice"

"Okay" you nodded and began to walk out

As you were making your way downstairs you were wondering why Spencer had looked so upset to be taking you. He could have said no.

...

Spencer wasn't one for driving but he drove you. You assumed he would have been waiting in the passenger seat like he used to. A lot had changed, you also noticed the way his left leg was slightly bouncing and his index finger kept tapping the steering wheel.

Soon enough he had stopped the car because you had arrived. He didn't say anything but you could tell he didn't want to get out of the car.

"This is where you served time isn't it"

"Yeah" he whispered

"Why did you end up there?" you didn't want to over step but you also wanted to make sure that the Spencer you knew wasn't so different

"I was framed"

"You don't have to come inside with me" you clasped your hands together and rested them on your lap

He took out the key from the ignition and rested his hands on his lap "No you can't go alone in there"

The strange thing is, he wouldn't look at you. His gaze was straight ahead and you could see him getting lost into his own thoughts. You couldn't imagine what he went through. He wasn't much of an intimidating guy, you wondered if he looked intimidating before or after prison. If he looked like the sweetheart he was then he would have been an easy target.