CHAPTER 6

Phai slowly opened his heavy eyes and noticed that his room was dark. He looked at the clock on the table beside him and saw that it was already 9 p.m. He grimaced as he tried to stretch his body because he was in so much pain from being in one position for so long. He sighs softly and reaches for his shoulder to massage the cramped area as he slowly sits down then his tummy suddenly growls, indicating that he was hungry. He Stands up slowly and grabs a towel before heading to the bathroom to wash his face. He looked in the mirror and saw his swollen eyes from crying, he makes a sour smile and started splashing the cold water, which made him shiver a little but refreshed him.

Click...

Dragging his body around the kitchen to see what is edible to eat. He opened the refrigerator, cabinet, and boxes in the kitchen, but there was no sign of food.

Growl

"Wait will you,? I'm still looking" he uttered to himself as he continued to search until he found a loaf of bread on a table covered with mesh food net. He picks it up and walks around the corner to get his favorite peanut butter. Because he was so hungry, he ended up eating the butter after his bread was gone.

Rrrr...

''Hello, P'Kit?''

[I have been calling you but you didn't answer]

"I'm sorry, P, but I fell asleep."

[I see, please bring my clothes, which are hung with plastic cover]

''um, ok I see it''

[Ok good, have you eaten?]

''Chai,'' he says as he looks at the empty jar.

[So, remember to bring it tomorrow, and take care of yourself, bye..]

''Bye P..'' Phai off his phone and bring the clothes to his study table. After a few days, Phai is back to doing what he thinks he should be doing: smiling at everyone, laughing, and acting as if everything is fine. When the time that he's with his brother and friends, it happens that Thanu was not around, however when he's alone at home, he'll throw his bag to the side and drag his exhausted body onto the bed. He plans to make a small step to avoid Thannu and the first thing he does was to stop messaging the senior. He wishes to put an end to his irrational feelings as soon as possible.

"Phai You should always bring an extra t-shirt, it's not good to wear wet clothing after duty," Sandee says as he hands him a piece of paper. They were walking along the path of the medical building, and despite the fact that Phai dislikes being here, he did not object and simply followed Sandee.

"I know, don't you worry," he mumbled as he slid the sheet into the book he was carrying, upon lifting his head he saw Thanu talking with someone not far, he became panicked and didn't know what to do so he turned to his right, strides to a small door and hurriedly turned the doorknob into the utility room, then locked it as quickly as possible. Sandee was stunned and confused as to what had happened to Phai, so he took a step forward and stood in front of the doorway, about to open it, when he saw Thanu and another medicine student passing by. Thanu glance at him as the two continue walking until they exit his sight.

"Hey! He is gone! you can come out now!"Sandee shouted as he knocked then sigh heavily knowing the reason his friend flee that way.

"Um," Phai was out of words as an alibi as to why he suddenly behaved like that.