CHAPTER 14

Saturday Morning (Phai's House)

Rrrrr.......

Phai smiled when he recognized the caller, but just as he was about to answer, the cellphone was snatched from his grasp.

"Hey, don't answer it too quickly" Sab asserted as he hopped into the bed while the phone continued to ring.

"...."

"Let it ring for the meantime before you answer back, Phai" Klui spoke as he jumped in and climbed up the bed to Sab's side.

"True, if you make him wait a bit, you'll see he'll call you nonstop" Kalae, who had been tapping his phone in the corner, abruptly shifted his attention to the call.

"I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's important " Phai steps up to the front and crosses his arms, but neither of them reacts. He considered flinging his guests out the window.

"You will look like an easy person if you hurriedly answer his call" Sab said, his eyes kept fixed on the screen. Phai became irritated when he ignored what he had said earlier, but he also waits.

"Take our expert advice, and you'll see, as Kalae said, he'll call you nonstop" They nodded, then returned their gaze to the mobile device that Sab had placed in the middle. It stopped ringing after a short time. They waited for five minutes, thirty minutes, and an hour, but no calls or messages were sent. Sandee, who was standing against the wall, burst out laughing. With a shake of his head, he walked into the kitchen.

"...."

''Umm,...I'm sure!! he's on the phone, with a classmate right now!! and he'll call back later!" Sab reasoned, then glanced at his sides, considering that could be the thing.

"Aw! he didn't pay his bills on time and was disconnected!" Kalae exclaimed as he rubbed his middle finger against his thumb and abruptly separated them, making a brief snap.

"Or maybe his cellphone has an insufficient battery" Klui concluded.

"Or worse, his phone was stolen!!!!" Everyone nodded while looking at each
other, except for Phai, who was irritated at being a part of these idiots' plan.

He took his phone and walked to the
balcony, closing the glass door behind him
before his friends set foot to listen in on their conversation. The boys put their ears
to the door to listen in, but they couldn't
understand much of what he was saying.

"P'Thanu...I apologize for not being able to answer your call"

[It's okay, I thought you were busy, so I just decided to call you later at night, but I'm glad you called]

"Umm, Why did you call me earlier?''

[Um... I'd want to invite you out on a date with me. If my boyfriend doesn't have anything else planned for tomorrow?]

"Hmm, let me think first. If don't have anything else to do " He said. When Phai turned to glance inside the room, he was startled to see his friends standing, listening with their ears pressed against the door. He smirked before turning his attention back to the person. He let out a soft cough.