CHAPTER 8

"P'Thanu, we're so thankful you're here to help us," he exclaimed happily as he placed the cardboard paper on the floor. Kalae happened to see Thanu passing by their building; they had a group activity to complete throughout the next few days, and his group was having trouble completing on time, so he sought additional help from his friends.

''Yeah, P," Sab added, expressing the feeling of the other students.

"It's nothing," Thanu says, assuring that he doesn't mind helping them because he was in the same circumstance when he was in his first year. He gladly assists them in drawing and writing calligraphy for the activity as it is also his passion. The students appear to be so busy that they often switch places to help those who have not yet completed their part.

"P'Thanu is so cool, that's why your girlfriend is going to be so lucky, not only kind, talented, and intelligent," a girl wearing glasses praised him.

Phai and Sandee returned with snack-filled plastic bags for the group. When Phai spotted Thanu looking in their direction, he slowed his steps and looked at him, while Sandee went up to the table then slowly setting the snacks.

"Don't just stand there, Phai! put the food down and help us here" Sab began speaking when he saw Phai standing still.  Sandee calmly walks over to Phai and collects the food.

"It's okay, let him take a break, I'll do his part" Sandee said as he snorted the things out of the plastic and placed them to the side so they wouldn't get strewn over the papers on the table.

''Sandee, we noticed that you are so considerate to him" Kalae said.

"Do you really think we haven't noticed" Saying with a tease, Sab is the only one that believes something else is going on between them.

''....''

Phai got irritated, while Sandee simply laughed at his friends' remark. While the other is busy eating their snack. Phai secretly moved his hand and dragged Sandee's arm away from the crowd to the far corner.

''What??''

''Will you stop it already!''

"What did I do this time?" Didn't you see I didn't say anything?"

"Yes, but it can only lead them to believe that"

"Phai anything wrong?'' Thanu worriedly asked when he found the two sneaking away from them.

''..nothing, P" Phai enquired, wearing a forceful smile on his face. Sandee excuses himself for a moment, smirking at Thanu as he walks away.

"What are you two discussing, are you arguing?"

"No, P'Thanu, we're just talking about something"

"Aw, I see," he said, smiling, before pointing to a stain on Phai's left side of the mouth.

''?''

"There,"

''w..where''

''Here..'' but this time he is the one who wipes it away because the person is unable to locate it.

''Oi, P!'' Phai was taken aback by the senior's action, which caused his heart to skip a beat and his face to blush, prompting him to leave to hide his embarrassment. It was nearly dark, and the work was nearly over. Kit called Phai to figure out where he was when he noticed he wasn't at home.

'' P'Thanu.. you're also here?" Kit was surprised when he saw Thanu upon arrival at the place.

"I happened to pass by them, and since I'm free, I offered to help them with their work" he explained as he stood examining some cut paper.