31. Post-Sex Hair Suits You.

"Tessa! Tessa wait! Tessa fucking listen to me!" Harry shouted after me but I continued to stride my way through our lawn. He soon caught my hand, wrenching me back in his arms. I was struck by his hot fragrance, but it wasn't enough to calm my nerves.

"Let go, Harry." I seethed through my teeth. Right now I could only see a ruthless, inhumane murderer in front of me. I never thought I could ever despise the sight of his stunning green eyes.

"You were fine when I was killing people in the shootout! What the fuck is wrong now?" He yelled with frustration and I couldn't help but scoff at his words.

"I can't believe you still have the guts to justify your awful act! The people in the shoutout were not innocent kids, Harry! But the little boy you just killed was! Jack was innocent! He was just nine!" I yelled back, out of breath.

"I can't believe you did that. I- I just can't. How could you kill him, Harry?" I gasped.

"Tessa calm down." He grabbed me by my shoulders trying to calm my trembling body. The dreadful sight of Jack bleeding to death was etched in my mind like a bloody nightmare.

"Don't you fucking tell me to calm down after shooting a nine-year-old in the head!" I pushed him away with all my strength disgusted by his touch.

"It was not Jack." He muttered.

"What?" I looked up at him and he ran a hand through his curls before leaning his hand on a branch of a tree, knuckles busted and swelled. His sweat glistened under the sunlight, crawling down his chest and absorbing into the fabric of his shirt making me gulp.

"Dad told me to get Jack and Anna from the snow house where Richard had hidden them. I knew if I didn't do as he says, he'll tell our guys to get them. So I went there and took them to one of our safe houses." He explained.

"But, Harry, the kid in the warehouse was Jack. Even though he had a mask on his face, I recognized his eyes!" I cried out.

"It's not possible. I asked Xavier to bring someone else so dad does not find out."

"But he did." We both turned to the cold voice. Kai was standing there with his hands in his pockets and a bitter expression growing on his face.

"Dad," Harry muttered, leaning back from the tree. "What did you do?"

Kai strode forward, standing eye to eye with Harry before answering. "I did what was supposed to happen. The right thing. Jack had to pay for his father's deed. Annabelle will too, once I find her. But before that I expect you to find the bastard behind Richard. Make him talk." He ordered, patting Harry's back mockingly.

"Wait. A few seconds ago, I killed Jack?" Harry gasped, not wanting to believe his own words. Kai snickered, enjoying his dirty triumph.

"You still haven't understood that I am Kai Parker, son. You can't play your dad so easily until you are a wild, stubborn lady and your name is Camille Parker." He smirked devilishly before walking away. My eyes shifted to Harry, his hands were fisted and his eyes flooded with anger. I turned to leave but he grabbed my hand softly.

"Tessa, I swear I didn't know it was Jack." He uttered, his eyes barely meeting mine.

"Does it even matter, Harry? Even if it hadn't been Jack, it would have been some innocent little boy, caught in your fucking ridiculous game!" I cried out, releasing my hand from his grip.