33. Who Are You?

"Tessa, I think we should take a break."

"Break? Like a lunch break or break up break?"

"Break up break." He said after contemplating. My stomach dropped at his words. I felt my heart shatter into million pieces. I never knew he had so much power over me that he could wound me so deeply with just three small words. I nodded, fighting the tears brewing in my eyes.

"You are right. At this point, we certainly don't know what we are doing. You don't trust me, I don't trust you." Tears escaped my eyes but I immediately wiped them off. "We will just hurt each other now." The lump in my throat made it impossible to speak any further. I felt as if I was choking. Choking on my feelings. Choking on my heartbreak.

"I can't be with someone who hasn't moved on from her past." A tear formed in his eyes but he didn't allow it to fall.

"And I can't be with someone who would miss no chance to sleep with some whore just in the name of saving me." Tears raced down my cheeks and I didn't bother wiping them off this time. They would just keep falling.

"We should probably go back to being enemies. That's all we both can pull off." I tried to joke.

"I don't think so. After all this, I don't think we can be anything." He asserted and I felt as if a shard of glass has been shoved in my heart.

"I don't think I can look at you and not be attracted so I'll just pack my stuff and move far away from this town."

"Tessa-"

"Please, leave. I have packing to do." I hissed.

"Tessa, you don't have to leave just because we broke up!" He argued.

"I do! Because I can't live here watching you live your life without me! I know we are a bloody mess, and I hate you for sleeping with that whore and killing an innocent boy like you always do, and I also understand you for breaking up with me because my stupid ass slept with Nick, but I love you, Harry! I love you and I don't know how to live without you. I have forgotten how I lived before you." He stared at me for a while and I hoped he would grab me and kiss me. And tell me that he too can't live without me. But I guess, that things just happen in the books I read. People don't stop living because of separations and partings.

"You can't truly love two people at one time, Tessa. And even if you can, I can't share you with Nicholas."

"Please get the fuck out of my bedroom so I can pack my stuff and leave!" I snapped, furious that he didn't grab and kiss me.

"Fine! I too have bones to break!" He growled back.

"You won't lay your hand on Nicholas!" I warned. "He has no fault in all of this!"

"Don't worry, babe! I won't hit below the belt so that asshole can fuck you on your bed like last night without any bloody inconvenience!" He stormed out, slamming the door shut behind him. Not able to hold it any longer, I dropped to my knees, crying.

***

"Tessa, you haven't left your room all day!" Haze complained, searching for a place on my bed to sit which was trashed with chocolate wrappers. It was still the same disastrous day. Hours had passed, the sun had set, leaving darkness behind but my tears haven't stopped. Why does it hurt so much? That stupid asshole cheated on me and I am still crying for him.

"Leave me alone!" I groaned, sinking further inside my comforter.

"I swear if you were someone else I wouldn't have bothered to cancel my Meni-Pedi appointment. But when it comes to you, my ugly, snobby friend, I do go against my values."