14. The Silver Owl

T E S S A •

"Oh my God! Harry?" Haze squealed, literally lunging on me.

"No! No! No!" I argued while she bobbed her head in 'yes, yes, yes.' Bitch.

"Tell me everything!"

"Okay, but will you please let go of my collar and get off my lap?" I requested her and she chuckled, crawling back and taking a deep breath to calm herself before nodding at me to spill the beans. I glanced at Harry who was still at the sea with his dad and Tom.

"It might sound crazy but I feel things when I am around him." Her brows furrowed before she ordered,

"Explain."

"Like he is making me like him. As if he is drawing me towards him with his intriguing and fascinating green eyes." A ridiculed laugh escaped her and a satisfied smirk drew across her lips as she folded her arms.

"Girl, you are falling for him." She concluded and I gasped, audibly.

"What? That's absolutely absurd!"

"And please don't fool yourself with the hocus pocus thing, you sound completely ridiculous. He is not making you like him, it's your denying ass that dreams of him!" She pointed her index finger in my face and I flinched back.

"What? No! He is an asshole!"

"Good girls always fall for assholes, look at me." She shrugged and I passed her an uncertain look.

"Haze, no offense but you are a slut." She suddenly grasped her heart as if my words had hurt her physically.

Drama queen.

"The only boy I have been with all my life is your dumbass brother. If that makes me a slut, I am proud to be one." She smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Girls! Dinner is ready!" Mom called out and I used the opportunity to dodge my best friend's further investigating questions. Kai and dad had fried fishes and our servants had loaded the dinner table with steamed vegetables, french fries, cheese, and bacon potato rounds, and hushpuppies. We all got down to eat. The fish was sizzling on my plate. It's taste melted in my mouth and the stewed vegetables just added to its pleasant taste. I was grabbing some french fries when I noticed Ariana wasn't on the table because if she had been she would have emptied the fries by now. She is a potato lover.

"Where is Ariana?" I asked to no one in particular, munching the flavourful chips.

"She went to change her clothes. And she had none of her own so I sent her to your hut. I hope it's not a problem." Harry muttered before dipping his fish in tartar sauce and devouring it. The way he licked his lips made me stare at him but when Haze nudged me hard, I looked away.

"You could have given her your own clothes." I shrugged.

"I don't share clothes." He retorted nonchalantly.

"But you did share it with-" Several pairs of eyes darted to me, waiting for me to complete my sentence. I couldn't possibly say he shared his clothes with me. It would sound wrong in so many ways.

"With who?" The douche challenged, knowing the answer very well.

"- with a girl." I hesitantly finished.