5. In the Heat of the Cupboard

▪ T E S S A ▪

"Go ahead, touch it." The son of a monkey winked at me, driving through the busy streets to the office we were planning to rob.

I narrowed my eyes at the dirty bastard who had a salacious smirk painted on his lips. Grabbing the pistol from his hands I pushed it in the holster attached to my jeans and tugged out my tuck in t-shirt to hide it. Even though I don't know how to use it, the douche said I might need it to intimidate someone or everyone.

"Could you kindly tell me why are we raiding an office that too in the mid of a bright afternoon?" I asked, propping my legs on the dashboard of his sports car and enjoying the lovely weather.

He threw me a savage glare and I put down my feet at once with a scowl. The monkey is very possessive about his cars.

"Since your good-for-nothing ass blew the chance at the bar yesterday, we have no choice but to break into their offices and hunt for answers which they won't give." He answered after a while.

"Why not order one of your trusted men to do it?" I questioned.

He has an army of soldiers. He can effortlessly learn anything he wants about anyone.

"Firstly, unlike my dad, I don't trust anyone. Secondly, my dad ordered me to train your incompetent, incapable, and inexperienced ass." He answered and I gritted my teeth at his offending tone.

"Kai loves me. He won't use those insulting words for me." I frowned.

"Yeah. He simply called you a slob." He snorted and I clawed at the paint of his black sports car, making sure he would hear the outcry of his baby.

One thing he hates is when someone ruins his darling.

He slammed hard on the brakes, halting his sports car with a terrifying screech, almost throwing me on the dashboard.

"You shouldn't have fücking done that." He spat, menacingly, his eyes squinting with fury.

"And you shouldn't have fúcking said that to my beautiful being." I retorted with the same menace.

"Get out of my car, Tessa." He ordered curtly, fixing his furious gaze on the road in front of us.

"What- why?"

He better not be fücking serious!

"You know why. Get out." He bawled making me flinch.

"So you are going to disobey your dad?" I cocked my brow, with my lips bearing a challenging smirk.

He would never dare to go against Kai Parker. No one does.

"Who said anything about disobeying? We will break into the office. You just won't accompany me with your beautiful presence through our journey." He clicked open my door and eyed me to fück off.

Like I was dying, suffocating and choking to go with you, asshole!

I jumped out of his bloody car slamming the door shut, throwing him a murderous glare and hoping he would die in a deadly car accident.