10. The Ugly Waffle

• H A R R Y •

"Damn you, Tessa fūcking Connell!"

Cursing, I took off my already soaked shirt and dived into the water, searching for her. I felt something tickle the pad of my foot. The dread of that something being a crab almost made me jump.

Crabs are the most dreadful thing. I am allergic to them. I had found about my allergy when Tessa forcefully made me eat a crab chili when we were at a restaurant and then I vomited all over her.

Yeah, that incident just added to the loathe we carry for each other.

I spun to find the little despicable marshmallow tickling my feet. As soon as she saw my baffled face, a cheeky smile spread broadly across her lips, a tinge of naughtiness dancing in her blue eyes. I clenched my jaw hard, my veins flooding with outrage.

And here I was worrying about this brat! I should have stayed on the canoe and let this troublesome brownie exhaust herself for nothing.

I should've known better. She knows how to get under my nails and she can go to any extinct just to annoy the crap out of me. It's the sole mission of her hopeless life. She whirled around, swimming away to escape me and I lunged after her. She resurfaced and so did I.

The fool didn't know she had swum towards a dead-end where she won't be able to avoid me. I cornered her against the choppy wall of rocks near the striking waterfall leaving her defenseless against me.

She was still sniggering, her body vibrating with the laughter bubbling inside her. Her laugh was funny but sweet at the same time. It made me want to laugh too. Her beautiful eyes crinkled from the edges and her cheeks indented with adorable dimples. Her dripping wet hair flowed down her shoulders and I had to force my eyes back to her face, yet again.

I don't know what is suddenly happening to me. Is she doing some kind of magic over me? Probably black magic. Tough magic. Cause I am a tough guy.

Yes. I don't fall for sweetness or cuteness. In fact, I don't fall for anything. Falling ain't for Parkers. (I am going to pretend to not know my dad who is thoroughly whipped for mom)

"Told you, your miserable ass would come for me." She teased, splashing water on my face making me flinch in annoyance and hold her wrist against the wall. Her grin further widened watching me get irritated.

"You are a fūcking unbearable pain in my ass. You just love to annoy me, don't you?" My voice came out deeper and huskier than I intended. I felt her shiver but I couldn't tell if it was because of my voice or my skin brushing against her.

"It gives me eternal peace." She winked sassily but I could detect wavering in her voice. She was too effected by our proximity.

For a moment or two, I lost myself again. Lost myself to her glossy eyelashes, lost in her ocean eyes. Lost in admiring the way she bit her lips before letting them go causing blood to rush back and color her lips pink again.

We have been together since we were born. I had done so many mean things to her over the years, treating her like one of my siblings and she had done so many awful things to me in return.

But this wasn't like when we were kids.

We held each other's gaze, unblinking. I tried to read her but she was good at masking her emotions and feelings.