13. Hocus Pocus

• T E S S A •

"You got lucky this time, hobo." Harry scowled looking down at me in Dean's arm with a frown etched on his face. I gave him my middle finger in reply.

"Hey, Dean." I hesitated before smiling as he put me down on my feet. He had grown more handsome over the months. His chocolate brown hair reached his neck and his caramel eyes twinkled in the moonlight. And then Harry's inappropriate pictures flashed in front of my eyes. God, this was awkward. I so wanted to punch Harry's face right now.

"Hi, Tessa. I-um. . . Ariana told me you guys were going to the huts-"

"Tomorrow morning! We all are going to our bed right now. You may too." Tom sarcastically interrupted and I glared at him while resisting the smile tearing my lips. Dean laughed uneasily before his eyes shifted back to me.

"Yeah, I know that. What she didn't tell me was that you all got kidnapped and so I was worried-"

"Ariana is in Harry's bedroom." Tom intervened again.

"No. Actually, I was worried about Harry."

Tom and Haze burst out laughing and between their laughing spree they tumbled down the treehouse still laughing their asses off and I barely disguised my chuckles with a cough.

"It's looking pretty on you," Dean said, catching me off-guard.

"What?"

"The smile."

"Are you flirting with me right after telling me that you came to see that douchebag?" I frowned, crossing my arms.

"Tessa, you know I was joking. I came here to see you. After Ariana told me that you said it would be fine if I join you guys at the huts tomorrow, I thought this would be the right time to clear things between us." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"If you are talking about Harry's pictures on your phone-"

"Nick did that."

"What?"

"Nicholas did that. It was all his plan to freak you out." It wasn't so hard to believe since Nick always used to pull these kinds of tricks at everyone.

"Why didn't you tell this to me before?"

"Seriously? You are asking me this? Remember what you did to me after you found out Harry's pictures on my phone?"

"Oh yeah, how is your nose now?" I chuckled, recalling how effortlessly I broke his nose.

"It's fine now." He smiled. We held each other's stare for a moment before I looked away.

"You know we can't continue where we left, Dean," I told him and his smile waver before he nodded.

"I understand you and I don't wanna sound desperate but I would love it if you give us a chance." He grabbed my hands, pulling me close towards him but the abrupt and harsh sound of the glass breaking made me jump and my hands slipped out of his. The empty broken bottle of Bourbon now laid on the freshly cut grass.

"Oops." We looked up at Harry who shrugged while opening another bottle.

Why do I think he did that on purpose?