36. Try Not To Miss Me.

16 HOURS EARLIER

NICHOLAS RODRIGUEZ POV

"Fuck! This shouldn't have fucking happened! How did she find this place? Tessa wasn't supposed to learn everything so early!" I yelled, slamming my hands on the desk in front of me as rage swirled inside me. All my men were gathered in front of me with their heads bowed. They knew few of them were going to pay with their lives for their irresponsibility and incompetence today. Everything was ruined and I was going insane. She saw me. Tessa fucking saw me here. And that too when I hadn't taken my damn medicines! She encountered my worst side. Nothing is going to be the same now. And if I don't play this situation well, I might not just lose my future with her but also fail in getting my revenge from the Parkers.

"This changes everything." I groaned, running my fingers through my hair and tugging on the ends. "She'll hate me. There won't be a fucking future for us. She would never love me again!" My eyes landed on the bowed idiots lined in front of me.

"All because of you motherfuckers! How could you all be so stupid to let her in? How?! How could a fucking nineteen-year-old dodge twenty of trained armed men?!" I roared, smothering with rage. One of them raised his head slowly, not meeting my eyes.

"Boss she created a distraction. We thought it was an attack." He tried reasoning sparking my rage. I laughed, shaking my head. He can't be fucking serious right now!

"Attack, huh? Those were fucking fireworks, you moron! Do you wanna know how attack looks like?" I yanked out my pistol, loaded it, and blew his brains out without giving a second thought. "That's what an attack looks like!" I shouted as his body dropped to the ground with a thud. Chris entered the room, eyeing everyone to leave and they obeyed at once.

"Ask someone to clean this shit," I shouted as they departed my office.

"Where is she?" I asked Chris, tossing my pistol on the desk. After Chris had forced me to take my pills I had fallen unconscious on the floor and the last thing I remember was my index finger pointing at Tessa's fading figure who was running for her life out of my safe house.

"I locked her in one of the dark rooms but boss, you know what you have to do now, right?" Chris questioned, implementing Tessa's execution and I threw him a deadly glare.

"Are you in your fucking senses Chris Ramond?! We can't kill Tessa. She is the girl I had loved and waited for for twelve years! I can't kill her! I won't allow it. We will have to come up with a plan." I insisted but he shook his head.

"Boss, the moment you free her, she will fly back to the mansion and tell everything to her family. We can't take such a huge risk. We have come a long way, we can't risk everything just because of a girl." He argued.

"The girl I love. No one touches her, Chris." I concluded leaving no room for argument.

"But boss–"

"That's an order, Chris!" I growled. I noticed the strange emotion lingering on his face. Fuck. Something was wrong. I hope it's not what I think it is.

"What is it, Chris?" I questioned, narrowing my eyes.

"Your Grandma had already given orders for Tessa Connell's execution." He sighed and my eyes widened before I pushed him away and dashed into the hallway with my heart between my teeth.