Chapter 43- Happy Days

Lily's P.O.V

The day passes by quick and before I know it, I'm waving back to Lily who I can actually consider as my friend..

I still can't believe out of all people, she talked to me...

Me! The freak everyone stays away from, I'm the girl who never had any true friends.

Well except Emma, she was my best friend since I was 5 up until the age of 10. She sure knew how to make me happy, and only meeting Lily made me realize how much I miss our laughs. Our inside jokes, and our sleepovers. She was the only girl I trusted. But sadly, on 19th March 2010 she lost her life due to a house fire. It was hard for me, I couldn't picture my life without her, and ever since she left, a part of me left with her. She was and always will be apart of me. We had this connection, this unbreakable bond no one understood. We were total opposites but the same in a way. She was always so happy, so cheerful, she always was so free, a child with a bright smile, chasing butterflies in a corn field.

God. I miss her.

I watched as Lily descended down the road, occasionally turning around waving at me once again.

I don't get how someone can be as happy as her. It's so unreal, and I can't help but look at her as an inspiration. She's just so happy, you can tell, yet she's so strong and I wish I was like her...

Happy and carefree.

I sighed smiling to myself. The thought of actually having a friend I could talk to, that will be there for me, just made me so happy. I honestly always wanted a true friend again, I wanted someone like Emma.

And I think I might of just found one.

My phone suddenly buzzed inside my pocket, I hesitantly pulled it out, swiping the screen unlock with my hand that felt like it was going to drop off. It was freezing outside, making me shatter my teeth together, a wrenching sound ringing in my ears, making me cringe.

Sorry Love, we can't come pick you up. You okay walking home? H x

I groaned.

Out of all days, why today? I kid you not, I'm slowly freezing to death.

I stuff my hand in my pockets, hoping the little heat inside will provide some warmth for my hands.

I start walking down the road I usually pass in a car, with the heater on, nice warm and cosy, and now here I am, freezing to death whilst other people now watch me from their car windows.

Today is the 29th November 2014, It's December soon, so I don't know why I am so surprised it's getting colder every time I come to school.

It's never really warm in the UK. But for sure it's Dam cold.

I huff a breath out watching as it sways through the air, before disappearing just as quickly as I breathed it out.

I carry on walking, with my head down, careful to not step on any ice that has formed overnight from the temperatures plugging below zero.

I breath the cold air in deeply, refreshing my senses and clearing my mind. Cold air is always so refreshing and pure, it always feels nice to get a big swoosh of cold air into my lungs. It in a weird way calms me down as it enters my body before being exhaled again, disappearing into the thin air.

I quickly shut the door behind me, not wasting at second to escape the freezing air.

I quickly threw my bag to the floor whilst carelessly kicking my shoes of in the landing. Not really being bothered to place them neatly in the cupboard we keep our shoes in.