Chapter 44- Gone

Lily's P.O.V.

"Lily?" A voice startled me, I quickly turned my head to the side, seeing James standing in front of me, smiling from ear to ear, I kindly returned the gesture as he leaned down and brought me into an embrace. I felt a bit uncomfortable but wrapped my hands around him nonetheless.

"How have you been?" He asked, placing his skate board by the side of the bench before siting beside me.

Crap.

"Alright" I replied, thinking how easy it is for me just to say a lie. But then again, I lie on my behalf and to not get myself into more trouble with Dad.

"Yourself?" I asked him back the question. Actually genially interested in what he had to say to me.

"I've been good thanks" He sent me a toothy grin.

"That's good" I said slowly nodding my head, feeling the air get stiff around us and for some odd reason, I felt awkward to be in his presence.

"Yep... So how's school going?" He asked with a soft tone to his voice. I wasen't sure if he was genially interested how I was at school or whenever he was just trying to brake the awkwardness between us. Either way, It's better than sat in uncomfortable silence.

"It actually wasen't too bad" I said being honest, sure people still picked on me but having Lily by my side made the school experience a whole lot better. Plus, she wasen't afraid to snap back at them, which I won't lie, is highly amusing.

"That's great"He replied sending me a cute smile showing of his pearl white teeth making a smile creep onto my face as well.

Suddenly guilt washed over me as I remembered our last time in the park. I had to apologize for our last encounter here and how I just ran out on him.

"Look" I sighted. "I'm sorry for just running out on you like that last time we hung out, I'm sorry. I've got-

"Hey it's okay, no worries" His voice spoke up, I looked up from my lap into his sky blue eyes, his mesmerizing eyes, the way they sparkled with joy, the way they perfectly reflect everything outside and how his thick long eyelashes finishing of the look. I couldn't help but stare at him, adoring his face.

Suddenly his lips pulled into a cheeky smile, one dimple appearing in his left cheek, making me bob my head down in embarasment as he caught me checking him out.

Way to go.

I heard him laugh slightly at me and I just sent him a smile.

Before my mind processed anything, James abruptly shot up, circling my his arm round my wrist, and started dragging me into the unknown.

"James" I called.

"James, where are we going?" I asked once again, he stopped making me clash into his chest, blood filled my cheeks as I realized our faces were only centimeters apart.

"It's a surprise" He whispered huffing out hot breath onto my face, his lips brushing against my ear.

Cheeky bastard.

He did that on purpose.

He pulled away sending a smirk towards me before dragging me of again somewhere.

I kept tripping over my feet, nearly face planting the floor on numerous occasions.

After loads of questioning, tripping, falling over and once again falling over we made it to our, well I mean his 'secret' destination.

I gaped. This place was beautiful. We were further into the forest, a clear lake in front of us which seemed to extend quite a bit on, I noticed two swings hanging of the branch beside us, I'm guessing they were used to get over the lake onto the other land.