32. 𝘞𝘏𝘖 𝘐𝘚 𝘛𝘖 𝘉𝘓𝘈𝘔𝘌?

DAY ONE

"Dear lord..." I muttered to myself when I opened my eyes. I looked around to see the exact same room I saw in my nightmare, the same small closet and beat up couch, but this time there was a door. When I tried to move I could feel the restraints rubbing against my burnt skin. It stung like hell.

I hissed while I tried to look behind me to check the state of my wings. My eyes widened when I saw the only few feathers remaining, the rest were burnt to a crisp with the remaining feathers also singed. My torso, ankles, wrists and thighs were all tied up to the chair.

"I see you're finally awake..." Said Dabi as he entered the room and closed the door behind him. "Where am I..?" I muttered, he smiled. "I asked my boss if I could 'talk to you privately' and he allowed me, so now I get to contain you in my little room.." He grinned as he stood in front of my face, his hot breath tickled my skin.

I gulped and tried to put on a 'tough guy attitude'. "Where is Bakugou and for how long have I been out?" I asked, he raised his eyebrow in amusement. "Look at you asking all these questions... I'm supposed to be the one doing all the interviewing." He chuckled, I surged forwards but the restraints held my back.

"Just answer the damn question!" I snapped, he raised his hands defensively. "Alright alright... You've been out for six hours now, and Bakugou is downstairs with the boss, he's still unconscious." I frowned at his answer. Six hours..? My wings would be healed by then... "I know what you're thinking, and yes, I have been constantly burning every feather that regenerates. It's cruel, I know, but it's necessary for now..." He sighed.

"What do you want Dabi? Be straightforward with me now." I sighed while glaring at him. He laughed as he leaned back into his chair, he took out a cigarette and lit it up. "I want a lot of things little bird..." He sighed.

"Can't you just be fucking straightforward with me for a fucking second?!" I snapped. He shook his head with a laugh. "Don't make me use my fire on you again birdie." He threatened, making me scoff. "Listen here, I will not be threatened by some ill dressed, stupid little villain in a stupid little horribly named band of more ill dressed villains. You wanna start a fight with me, then bring it on dickhead. Now answer the fucking question."

"Pretty sassy for someone in your state." He chuckled, I rolled my eyes. "Look, right now I'm a sack of fragile skin and bone okay? Being sassy is my only defence." I grumbled. He patted my cheek and laughed. "At least you're self aware.."

"You're a horrible person."

"I know, it keeps me up at night."

SHOTO

Shoto was in his room curled up under his blanket. He had just come back from the police station after getting interviewed. He couldn't sleep, it was way past midnight but the sight of y/n's unconscious body disappearing into the fog was engraved into his memory and it wasn't going to let him sleep anytime soon.

"Come on Todoroki, the police need to interrogate us." Shoji urged, trying to make Shoto get up from the ground. Shoto shook his head. "No... I need to find her..." Shoji sighed as he grabbed Shoto and lifted him up. "Wh-what are you doing?! Let me go! I need to go!" He shouted, Shoji shook his head.

"She's gone now Todoroki, we need to get to the police station so they can talk to us and find her.." Shoji said gently in an attempt to calm the boy. Shoto clenched his fist and hit Shoji's chest in an attempt to get out of his grip, but his flailing was meaningless and weak. "God damn it! Again! I failed... again.." He tried to shout but his voice was nowhere to be found.

Shoto stopped moving and just silently shed his tears into Shoji's chest, not really caring if anyone saw him. Shoji looked down at his classmate with a sad expression, he let the boy let out his emotions and didn't say anything. Shoji knew that Shoto was distraught, he would be too if he was in his situation.

Shoto hugged his pillow tighter as he felt tears run down his cheeks again. 'If only I didn't let her go...' He thought. 'If only I went with her. I should've known it was her who screamed...' Those thoughts circled his brain.

"Mr. Todoroki, you were one of the people that were with Bakugou and Takami right before they went missing, we were told that Takami was taken before Bakugou. Since you three were on the same team, do you know what happened and how you got separated?" The detective said, Shoto stared at him numbly.

'Yeah, we got separated because I let her go.' He wanted to say, but he knew he couldn't say that. Even if he thought it was the truth. "She... she heard a scream... and ran towards it..." He whispered, his words were barely distinguishable. "And why didn't you stop her?"

Shoto looked down at his hands. 'Why didn't I stop her?' He thought.

"It's all my fault..." He whispered to himself. "I should've tried harder..." He mumbled as his body rocked back and forth. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry y/n..." He whispered as he gripped his pillow tighter.

'What are you saying? As if sorry is gonna bring her back.' A voice in his head said. Shoto clenched his eyes shut and tried to ignore the voice, but it didn't work.

"How sad... Shoto Todoroki..."

Those words would haunt him for a long time.

KEIGO

"What do you mean I can't be on the rescue team?!" He shouted frantically while gripping the police officers collar. "I-I'm sorry sir but these are direct orders from the commission.." He muttered. Keigo let go of him and slammed his fist against the wall.

"My sister! My only family got kidnapped and they're telling me that I can't help her?!" He fumed, the officer looked down and guilt filled his eyes. "I'm sorry sir.. They said that it would be unsafe to put you there since it's your sister, they said that you'll be too emotional to complete the mission properly-" "BULLSHIT!"

Keigo slammed his fist onto the table, this time creating a small dent. The officer took that as his que to leave, he apologized again and left Keigo alone in the small room. Keigo fell to the floor and curled up in a fetal position with his wings wrapped around him.

"Why her... of all people... my little sister, my only family..." He muttered to himself. At that moment, Keigo hated the commission more than ever. 'How could they do this to me?' He thought. 'Too emotional my ass... I should've listened to y/n when she told me how she felt...'

"You okay n/n?" Keigo asked, his sister pursed her lips. "Yeah... I just have a weird feeling about the camp..." She sighed, Keigo smiled as he patted her shoulder reassuringly. "I'm sure that it'll be just fine, don't worry about it. And even if anything happens, I'll be there for you.."

He lied to her. He wasn't there when she was kidnapped, he won't be there to rescue her either...