53. 𝘜𝘔, 𝘋𝘖 𝘐 𝘒𝘕𝘖𝘞 𝘠𝘖𝘜?

(A/N: It's been sometime, but I'm back now. I hope you guys enjoy this one because the next one is gonna be a ride. I have no idea when I'll be done with ch.54, maybe tomorrow idk. Anyways stay safe everyone! And thank you for 100k<3)

A sigh broke through my lips as I watched Toji's tiny figure disappear in the maze of hallways. I hope he reaches the police safely... Just as I was about to start running again, I accidentally stepped on something. Kneeling down to check, I discovered that it was the vial of Trigger that Toji possessed. I picked it up, my eyebrows furrowing as I examined the small container.

I can't just leave it here, someone could take it... My eyes searched frantically for people near me, but there was no one. Quickly, I shoved the vial in one of my pockets. I might need it someday, whether it's today or another day, I don't know. The commission can't know that I have it either, god knows what Hidou would do if she found out that I disobeyed orders and stole something as important as this...

After I made sure that no one saw me, I started running again. This time I sent a feather ahead of me to search for Eri, or anyone else for that matter. As I was running, a weird looking thug jumped in my direction. He had a knife in hand and was either intoxicated or just insane. "Aha! A hero! I shall kill you-" His annoying voice was interrupted by the sound of my gun. The man fell to the ground whining and clutching his injured leg.

"Not in the mood." I grunted, flying over him and continuing the task at hand leaving him to wail on the ground. I clenched my eyes shut as I flew through the hallways, focusing on my feather. So far all I could sense were empty hallways or unconscious thugs... Wait, there's something underground! Seems like a fight...

I gritted my teeth and ran towards the spot where I sensed a commotion. When I got there, the ground below me was rumbling. I couldn't find a way down and the ground was too thick for me to break through using the force of my wings alone, so I elected the traditional way. My hand rummaged in my pocket, extracting a small grenade. Bakugou had suggested that I start carrying some around because, and I quote; "You never know if your tiny stupid bird brain will need explosives when I'm not around."

He's so nice and caring isn't he? Anyways, I pulled the safety pin using my teeth and threw it, shielding myself from the impact with my wings. "Wow that actually worked.. Sparky was useful for once.." I muttered while staring at the hole in the ground. Grinning, I dived into the freshly made entrance. When I landed on the floor below, I saw a scene that I wasn't prepared for.

It was Mirio, fighting Chisaki. Mirio held Eri's small figure in his arms, hopping around while trying to evade Chisaki's attacks. There were a few other men helping the villain, but my attention was drawn back to Mirio when he tripped on one of Chisaki's attacks. Mirio yelped as the little girl slipped from his arms, and Eri looked terrified as she braced for impact.

Not on my watch.

Surprising myself, I shot forwards at a speed I've never used before. Stretching my hands towards the little girl, I grabbed hold of her and engulfed her in a tight hug to protect her from the impact that was about to come. Air was knocked straight out of my lungs and I hit the concrete ground, cracking it in the process. I coughed up blood, holding Eri tighter to my chest while Chisaki stared at me angrily.

Mirio ran towards Chisaki to distract him as I collected myself from that impact. Eri whimpered in my arms, thinking that I was one of Chisaki's henchmen. "Hi! I'm Falcon, but you can call me y/n. I'm here to help save you!" I smiled, trying to comfort her. The little girl was wrapped in Mirio's cape, her body was shaking like a leaf with fear. "Y-you're a hero..?" She asked, I nodded furiously.

"Yeah! I'm here to save you from that big bad man over there, I'm gonna make sure to get rid of him so that he doesn't hurt you again." She nodded, staring at my wings. "You have..." She began, but gulped and looked down. "Wings, yeah. They're pretty cool actually, once we get out of here I'll take you on a flight 'kay?" I whispered, brushing her hair away from her face. She nodded again. Smiling, I put her down in front of me. "Mirio needs my help now, I'm gonna need you to sit still here and hold on tightly to his cape.."

"FALCON!"

My head whips back to see who called for me only to see Mirio's body jumping to shield mine and Eri's as a quirk-erasing bullet headed towards us. I was so taken up with comforting Eri that I didn't hear the bullet being fired. My eyes widened as Mirio smiled at us, the bullet hitting his shoulder.

"MIRIO! NO!"

I sprang forwards, cradling his body, which was heavily injured from trying to distract Chisaki. "What did you do!?" I yelled at the man who shot the bullet, my hand hovering over the wound. "We have to save her.. No matter what.. Eri, I won't.. Let you suffer anymore.." He muttered. I opened my mouth to say something but I was interrupted by Chisaki's disgusting laughter. "The diseased have been given quirks and that let's them dream. You fool! With the power of the girl that you came here to save, everything that you've worked so hard for... it's all gone! You're useless!"

You're useless!

I clenched my teeth. This man... He's just like Hidou isn't he... I'm gonna make him pay for what he did to that little girl, for what he did to Mirio and for what he did to Toji. This man deserves to die. "Look after her Mirio. I have a mission to accomplish." I ordered as I stood up. I sent one last smile to Eri's direction before turning around.

I grabbed a quill and jumped towards Chisaki. The quill was only able to slightly brush against his skin before he jumped away to dodge it. But that didn't matter, the quill was a distraction anyways. Gathering all the strength I can, I whipped around making my fist smash against his face.

"I see you've gotten stronger since we last met! Here to receive the same fate as your upperclassmen, Falcon?" Bellowed Chisaki, holding onto his now bleeding nose. Since we what? I've never met him before.. "What are you talking about?" I asked, clenching my fist again as I stepped towards him.

He scowled. "Don't play dumb with me, child." Chisaki spat, his yellow eyes glaring into mine. I gave him a confused look. "I'm not playing dumb, you're the crazy old man here. We've never met." The man let out a loud laugh, making me clench my fist even tighter.

"Oh? You don't remember? Let me refresh your memory then..."

And that's when his hand touched my face, and it all went blank.