39. 𝘉𝘌𝘙𝘙𝘐𝘌𝘚

The first thing I saw when I woke up was Kei fluttering on top of my head trying to wake me up. "So now you're my private alarm..?" I sighed with a smile as I pet the little bird, well he's not really a little bird, he's more like a fully grown hawk. I got up and went through my usual morning routine.

My hands rested on my hips as I stared at my hero suit. It was time for the provisional exams and I was packing my stuff.

A sigh escaped my lips at the thought of having to repeat the exam again, you see I already have my hero license because of the commission. But, I was ordered to go through the exams with the rest of my classmates so it wouldn't seem too suspicious.

I grabbed hold of my suit and shoved it into its case and went downstairs to the common room, there the rest of the class were walking around either talking or eating some breakfast.

My eyes spotted a bowl of fresh looking berries and I grabbed it, I perched down on the nearest empty couch and began nibbling on my berries.

"Wow, you look like an overgrown bird.." Bakugou chuckled as he walked past me, I rolled my eyes, flipped him off and stuck my tongue out at him.

"Good Morning angel..." Sighed Shoto as he sat down next to me, I gave him a kiss on the cheek and offered him some of my berries. He nodded with a smile and I gave him a handful.

I felt a small presence approaching us and I looked down to see Mineta standing in front of me. "What?" I grumbled with a glare, he had a weird dreamy look on his face that made my skin crawl with discomfort. "Can I have some of your berries too..?" He giggled while staring at my chest.

Shoto visibly tensed up next to me and a scowl formed on his face. As he got up, to beat the shit out of him I presume, I sighed and pulled him back down on the couch.

He plopped back down and gave me a confused look "Love, please let me teach him a lesson.." He muttered but I shook my head.

"Leave it to me this time..." I mumbled and got up. I opened the case that had my hero suit in it and started rummaging through it, Mineta just stood there staring curiously at me, not knowing what's about to hit him. Literally.

A gentle smile plastered itself onto my face as I pulled out the leather gloves that came with my hero suit.

I put the gloves on and slowly turned around to stare at the curious looking Mineta. I was not about to touch him without any protection. "Takami? What's wrong babe-" His question was cut short as my gloved palm came in contact with his face.

Silence filled the room at the loud sound of my hand hitting his cheek and everyone's attention was turned towards us.

"I'll show you some fucking fruit..." I muttered as picked him up from the nape of his neck and handed him to Sero, who in turn wrapped him up in his tape. Jirou applauded me at my actions and Iida pretended not to see anything.

A few minutes passed and it was time for us to get into the bus so we could go to the exam site. In the bus I sat next to Shoto and Midoriya, I sat in the middle with Shoto on my right and Midoriya on my left.

Shoto was busy massaging and examining my wings as usual while Midoriya and I were engaging in an intense conversation about our special moves.

"Have you ever tried to dive head first, then turned around so that your feet were pointing to the ground? That would pack a super powerful kick y'know!" Midoriya suggested, I gave it a deep thought and nodded. "I'm definitely going to try that the next time we train.."

When we reached the site, we all got out of the bus. I gave Shoto a peck on the lips as I stretched and thanked him for the massage. This man's massages never seize to amaze me, his hands are so gentle yet tough and the massages are always so damn calming...

As I fluttered my wings a bit to shake the tiredness away I felt them brush against someone. I turned around to see the bald guy from the recommendation exams, Ina... What was it again? Inasa Yoarashi! My eyes widened and my mouth formed into a big grin. "Yoarashi! Long time no see!" I greeted him.

Yoarashi froze for a moment before bowing down intensely, slamming his head against the concrete in the process.

"Miss Takami! I'm honored that you remember me from such a long time ago! I'm also very honored to be able to face you and your classmates from U.A.!" He rambled excitedly with blood dripping from his head.

"Uhm, thanks." I mumbled while I stared at the blood, he made no attempt to clean it, in fact I don't think he even noticed it. He bowed down one last time before joining his classmates who were calling out for him.

Shoto and I stared at his tall figure as he walked back to his classmates. "So he ended up going to Shiketsu huh... I wonder why..." I mumbled.

When we entered the building we all had a chance to change into our hero costumes in small changing rooms inside, the changing rooms were crowded as hell. I couldn't even imagine the meeting hall...

When we entered through the big doors my eyes widened at the amount of people in the giant hall that we were supposed to gather in.

Shoto noticed my discomfort and grabbed my hand, he drew small shapes with his thumb to calm me down. I smiled at him and thanked him silently. Although my body still visibly tensed up everytime someone bumped into my wings.

"Well then, let's do that provisional license thing..." A man with beige hair announced, my eyebrows furrowed at the sight of him. "Commission..." I mumbled silently between gritted teeth.

"I'm Mera from the Hero Public Safety Commission..." He introduced with a tired voice. I felt Shoto glance at me with slight worry at the mention of the commission, he knows how frustrated and angry I get when someone mentions them, let alone works for them.

"Now that I've introduced myself, I'll explain what you'll be doing." He sighed. "Examinees must place three targets or "weak points" on their body in any exposed area." He began, the screen behind him showing visual instructions.

"The targets recognize the balls and can tell who hit whom based on distance, movement and other factors. Students also receive a box with six orange balls. The targets light up if they're hit by one of the balls. If all three targets are hit by a ball, that student is eliminated." The man yawned, he didn't seem to even slightly hide the fact that he was tired.

"The competitor that lights up another student's third target is credited with their eliminations. Students must eliminate two other competitors to pass the first phase, and only the first 100 applicants to pass will advance to the final phase." He finished.

Finally some fun...