Chapter 14

First off, I would like to apologize for the long, unannounced hiatus. A lot has changed in my life and updating just got to be too much for me. However, I would like to pick this story back up and share it with all of you. I may be sporadic for now but I am aiming to get to a point where updates are regular again.

Of course I would pick back up on a traumatic scene turned spicy scene though xD I truly hope you all enjoy and don't worry, the trauma and smexy are set aside as per the usual markers.

Again, I am so sorry, but I hope we can all enjoy this road once again together.

Enjoy!

Raita-san

********************************************

Erwin shifted beside Levi, waking him up. Levi looked at his phone - 4:36 a.m. Levi listened to the rhythmic breathing of the man beside him. It was gentle and slow - slower than Levi's. Levi snuggled up closer to him. Oh god... to be in his arms again was a blessing he never dared dream of.

Then Erwin's breathing changed. It came in short gasps. Levi sat up. Erwin twitched and then began thrashing.

"Please stop." He moaned. Levi didn't know what to do. He tried shaking the man awake.

"Erwin! Hey, Erwin!" But Erwin continued thrashing.

"I'll be a good boy." Erwin sobbed. "Please, I'll be good!" Levi's heart was breaking all at once as he desperately shook Erwin. Then Erwin sat bolt upright, his eyes wide and far away.

"Erwin?" Levi touched his shoulder and Erwin shied away, tears running down his cheeks. "Erwin, it's me. It's your Levi." Erwin blinked and looked at him.

"Levi?" He asked. "Levi!" He threw himself at Levi who held him close.

"It's okay." Levi said, stroking Erwin's hair. "I've got you now. Everything is going to be okay." Levi knew he shouldn't make promises like that, but what else could he possibly do? Erwin was shattering in his arms.

Eventually Erwin's great heaving sobs stopped and the tremble in his body subsided. He sat up and looked anywhere but Levi, his eyes wandering around the room he had seen so many times.

"I'm sorry." Erwin said, wiping his face.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." Levi said, cupping Erwin's cheek and turning his face to look at him. "I'm here for you, however you need me." Levi said. Erwin smiled sadly.

"Thank you." Erwin said, voice cracking.

"And there is no pressure to tell me anything." Levi said.

"I feel like I owe you an explanation though." Erwin's hand found Levi's hand on his cheek. His thumb stroked Levi's fingers.

"You owe me no such thing. But if talking about it will help, I'm here to listen." Levi smiled reassuringly at him.

"I think it'll help." Erwin whispered.

"Then I'll listen."

********************************************

A/N: Erwin explains his sexual abuse as a child by his stepfather. If this is a trigger for you, you can skip it. Stay safe!

********************************************

***

Levi sat at the table while Erwin made himself some coffee and Levi some tea. It was five thirty and neither was planning on going back to sleep anytime soon. Levi took the steaming cup and wrapped his hands around it. Erwin sat across from him at the round, wooden table. Erwin rubbed his face.