Azula's letter

This was Kaya's idea. She thought it would be a good idea to reflect on the last few years, see how far I've come. So, here I am writing this...journal. Ugh.

It's been seven years since I saw my father, and felt the final angry and broken piece of me heal over. I won't lie, there are times when...that anger and jealousy and spite returns, but it happens less often, and I'm able to move past it pretty quickly. 

I've been rather busy lately, pro-bending has really taken off, and competitions are now held in Cranefish town and the Fire Nation each weekend. There is talk of Cranefish becoming a new city, a republic, they called it. I suppose it's a good compromise considering it's a town living under the jurisdiction of both the Fire Nation and the Earth Kingdom. I voted in favour at the last meeting, but many of the other advisers are concerned the Fire Nation is losing it's position in the world. I say let it. The world has changed so much in the last 10 years, it's a miracle there are even separate nations at all. 

I suppose the Kyoshi Warriors are one of the reasons for that. They have groups all over the world now, full of benders and non-benders alike. They don't just fight anymore either, but have started charities and all sorts of initiatives to help out, it's rather exciting. Suki is still their legendary leader, almost on par with Kyoshi herself. But she isn't involved as much anymore. She and Sokka spend their time travelling the world, visiting the different groups and other world leaders. 

Their wedding had happened almost six years ago now, and it was still the most extravagant and utterly insane party I'd ever been to

Their wedding had happened almost six years ago now, and it was still the most extravagant and utterly insane party I'd ever been to. They'd planned to have it on Kyoshi Island, but too many people had been invited, and the next thing we knew, we were partying in the Earth King's palace in Ba Sing Se! The entirety of the Southern Water Tribe had been invited, as well as a number of people from the Northern Tribe. Of course, the Fire Nation Royal family had been invited, as well as literally every Kyoshi Warrior ever. Aang, Toph and her students came, as well as all the people they'd met on their travels. To say it was big was the understatement of the century. 

I'd had so much fun, though I was a little ashamed of how much we'd all had to drink. Either way, it had created a number of incredible memories, like when Aang had accidentally sneezed and blown a wall out, or when Katara had tried waterbending the wine into our mouths and had instead dropped it all on our faces, or when Zuko, Aang and Sokka all started a massive dancing line that had weaved throughout the hall. Even now I can't help laughing. 

There have been so many weddings these past few years. Mai and Zuko got engaged a few days after Sokka and Suki's wedding.  Ty Lee, Suki, Kiyi and I had all followed them out to spy, but had blown our cover the minute Zuko pulled out the crown he was going to give to Mai. Screaming hysterically tends to do that. In my defense, we'd had a lot to drink those past few days...

Their wedding had been pretty huge too, but it was certainly a more somber affair. There had been celebrations throughout the Fire Nation, with banners and streamers showing the happy couple everywhere. People had instantly fallen in love with Mai, and were so excited for them both. I'd been her bridesmaid, helping her dress and get ready for the big day. It had been hilarious going between her and Zuko, both of whom were painfully nervous. It had all gone well though, and they hadn't been able to stop grinning for an entire week afterwards.