BONUS - Agni Kai 1

Hey y'all, so I just wanted to start this with a quick note: I know many of you want another show-down between Azula and Katara.

And as awesome as I think that would be...in my story, neither of these girls really want that, or really feel that way about each other. Azula is happy to have finally found family, and to have made friends. She's also smart enough to know that attacking Katara would betray Zuko, Suki and all that she'd worked for at the palace.

Yeah Katara can be annoying at times, but I also love her. I think she's totally awesome: an incredible bender and character.

In saying that, I really love you guys and totally understand why you'd want it – fight scenes are always cool. So, I've decided to write the Agni Kai, from Azula's perspective. Hopefully It will satisfy you bloodthirsty peeps haha, and I hope it will also help you contrast the angry, hurting girl she was with the happier person she's become.

I hope you enjoy!!!

**********

"By decree of Phoenix King Ozai, I now crown you, Fire Lord–" The Fire Sage stopped and Azula could have screamed.

"What are you waiting for? Do it!" she seethed. This was it. All she'd worked for her entire life. It had all led up to this moment. Zuko was gone, out of her way for good now. She would be Fire Lord!

It doesn't even matter... with Ozai as Phoenix King... being Fire Lord means nothing now...

Azula shoved the thoughts away. It did mean something. It had to. 

A groan sounded throughout the empty courtyard and Azula looked up to see the Avatar's sky bison landing in front of her. To her surprise, only Zuko, and the water peasant, Katara were there.

"Sorry, but you're not going to become Fire Lord today," Zuko called, jumping off the bison, "I am."

Azula couldn't believe this, he didn't stand a chance against her with the comet! She laughed, "You're hilarious!" He wouldn't win, not today, not after everything she'd been through. Mai's face flashed in front of her, Ty Lee too. Traitors. I'll show them...

"And you're going down!" Katara said defiantly.

Azula's body trembled and she felt the air heating around her. No. No this wasn't happening. Father had chosen her. She'd proven herself, she was going to be Fire Lord!

While he takes over the world...using your ideas...

No! She thought, No, he chose me...he cares, he does! He didn't...leave me behind. No!

It didn't matter, she'd beaten him a thousand times before; Zuko didn't stand a chance against her. The water bender though...Azula had to get rid of her. She stood, "You want to be Fire Lord? Fine. Let's settle this. Just you and me, brother. The showdown that was always meant to be. AGNI KAI!"

Zuko hesitated only a second, "You're on!"

Azula's chest filled with anticipation – this was it. She'd get rid of him for good, and that water peasant too. They couldn't beat her. Not with the comet, not again.

No. She was going to be the best. The best fire bender. The best Fire Lord. She'd show father. She'd show all of them. Mai and Ty Lee. And her mother.

Azula would show them. And then she'd destroy them. Azula smiled, and made her way down the steps to the courtyard where they would fight. The peasant said something to Zuko but then nodded, and backed off.