4.2 - Kiyi

When Kiyi saw Azula standing behind them like a monster fresh out of her nightmares, Kiyi had nearly screamed. She thought she was about to get blasted with some of Azula's lightning, but she had looked different. Less crazy and detached and slightly more...human. Slightly.

She had offered to let her play out of habit, but when Azula had given them a feline smile, she found herself regretting every word.

Once she had finished counting, Kiyi ran after Cho, towards her left and prayed that Azula was nowhere near her. She caught up to Cho and ducked right quickly behind a bush, emerging through it to the other side, right behind a panting Cho.

"Cho's it!" she squealed as she tapped the girl on the arm and took off in the other direction.

She ran to the south wall of the garden, to where the trees and bamboo garden's turned into a small forest. She hid behind one as she heard footsteps, letting whoever it was pass before she began to scale it, sitting in the lowest nook, about a metre and a half off the ground.

Shouts of 'Miki's it!' 'Tom-Tom's it!' and 'Asuka is it!' rang out through the garden, but she didn't hear Azula's name get called. Kiyi wasn't sure if that was good or bad...

Heavy footsteps sounded and Kiyi peeked her head out to see Azula running straight for her! She screamed and started climbing even further when Miki, who was chasing Azula spotted her.

'Kiyi! That's cheating!" Miki stopped running to stare up at Kiyi, and Azula stopped running a few paces away, catching her breath as she watched the argument unfold.

"No it's not! I'm just smarter than you!" Kiyi yelled back.

"No way! Guys! GUYS get over here! Kiyi's hiding in the tree!" Tom-Tom and Cho stood at the edge of the forest, and Asuka peeped out from behind another tree not too far away.

They all began to protest when Azula stepped forward. Kiyi imagined the tree lighting up in blue flames while Azula laughed maniacally.

Instead, she said, "If I may children, there was no rule against finding a good hiding spot...Kiyi is well within the rules of the game."

Kiyi stared at her, mouth agape. Azula winked up at her as the others considered this.

Miki didn't think too long, just shrugged and said, "Okay." She took three steps and tapped Azula's elbow before continuing to run away, calling, "Azula's it!"

Azula stood stunned for a second, before looking up at Kiyi, "Did she just...?"

Kiyi only whimpered and pointed to the right, "Asuka's really slow..."

"Very well. We'll call it a temporary truce sister. But you owe me one."

Azula took off after Asuka and a moment later, her victorious voice called out, "Asuka's it!"

Kiyi eventually climbed down, bored of waiting and was tagged by Cho soon after. The game continued for almost an hour, and eventually the kids all silently agreed to all try and tag Azula. They ended up cornering her, all claiming to be it.

Azula tried to suggest they finish the game then but the kids dived at once, and they all fell into a big heap. They laughed and all yelled, "Azula's it!"

They climbed off and Kiyi noticed a faint smile on her lips, before Azula raised an eyebrow at Kiyi and she was again filled with fear.

"I can't believe this little sister! I thought we had a truce!" she tried to sound outraged and Kiyi realized she was joking. Or trying too.

"Sorry, maybe next time," Kiyi stood and offered Azula a hand. Azula took it and stood beside her. 

***********************************************************

Hey guys! Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed!

Don't forget to vote for each part, it helps to get the story out there so more people can see and enjoy it!