Truthfulness

"So you're saying you want us to join you in the fight against the galra?" Allura nodded respectfully to the Queen of the Xavia. "Yes, we must defeat Zarkon with everything we can. I hope you can contribute." The Queen seemed to consider this decision as she nodded,"Right, Princess Allura, I would gladly join your Coalition, on a few conditions." Allura tilted her head in confusion. "Yes, of course, what is it?" The Queen smirked, with a mysterious gleam in her eyes,"The Xavians have the power to detect lies. I can sense an untruthfulness in your team, and we are very very strict about truthfulness. If you wish to have this alliance with us, you need to tell a few of the lies or deepest secrets. If not, you can say goodbye to the agreement." Allura forced a smile and nodded, "Of course, paladins we'll do this, won't we?" The paladins nodded, but Keith... he was screaming inside. He had so many deep secrets only Shiro knew and he wanted to keep it that way. The Queen got up from her throne and dismissed her servants, giving the team and their secrets a little but of privacy.

"Let's begin, shall we?" The Queen looked between the paladins and her eyes landed on Pidge. "You, come. I will only ask a few questions you must answer truthfully, I will be able to tell." Pidge stepped forward, no sign of fear on her. "Do you truly wish to find your brother and father? Or do you just want to give up sometimes?" Pidge scoffed and rolled her eyes,"Of course I do, I vowed to and I never will give up." The Queen was content with her answer and beckoned Hunk forward,"I...don't see any untruthfulness in you." She said, surprised. Hunk shrugged,"I got nothing to hide from my friends." 

"You." Shiro stepped up to the Queen," Are you healthy? Or do you only have a short time?" Everyone except Keith seemed confused by her question as Shiro sighed,"Yes, I am sick. I have been for years and only Keith knew. Now you all do." Lance gaped,"Why didn't you tell us before?" Shiro shrugged and nervously rubbed the back of his neck,"I kinda...forgot? With Voltron and all..." The Queen stepped to Lance with anticipation, she knew he had a deep secret, "You, do feel an attraction to anyone in this room?" Lance froze as everyone watched him curiously,"I-Fine. Yes, I do." The Queen seemed very intrigued," Are they one of the Paladins of Voltron?" Lance gulped and refused to look at his friends,"Yes." The Queen pitied Lance and put a hand on his shoulder,"That will be all for you, I will leave you some privacy." Lance breathe a breath of relief. The Queen stepped in front of Keith, whose heart was pounding.

"Is it true you lost your father at a young age?" Keith's eyes widened in horror,"I-Yes." He said, lowering his head. Lance stepped up,"Woah Woah Woah, that's like going from level one to one hundred, tone it down a bit." The Queen groaned,"Alright fine. Keith, do you consider the paladins your friends?" Keith nodded,"Yeah, of course." 

"Do you consider some of them as more than a friend?" Keith's eyes widened as he looked for a way out. "Y-Yeah, Shiro's like my brother." The Queen smirked,"Oh? Are there any other paladins you consider more than a friend?" 

"N-"

"Remember you can't lie, Keith."

Keith sighed," Fine, yes I do." The Queen gasped in triumph, her true colors showing," In what way?" Keith grit his teeth," I like someone." The Queen leaned in to Keith, her delight showing. She tilted Keith's face up to meet her delightful glare.

"Who."

Keith glared at her and mumbled,"Keith, I can't hear you~!" She said, in a sing-song voice. She giggled happily as everyone heard Keith."Lance." Red rushed Lance's face and Pidge nudged him proudly. The Queen was satisfied,"Alright, guess that will be all. I will join the Coalition." Allura clapped her hands in delight,"Well, now that that's over-" They turned to see the door swoosh closed and a missing red paladin. Lance went after Keith, but Shiro stopped him. "Let him be for a bit, then you can tell him." Lance sighed stubbornly, but listened to team leader. 

Keith sat on his bed, looking at his knife. He inspected it carefully, taking in all the beautiful details. He heard a knock at his door,"Shiro, I don't want to talk right now." The person behind the door sighed,"It's not Shiro." Keith froze at the familiar voice," Hunk?" The person said nothing.

"Pidge?"

"..."

"Allura?"

"DO I SOUND LIKE ALLURA?"

".....Coran?"

"Keith, I'm gonna kick down this door." Keith growled,"You wouldn't." The person behind the door scoffed,"I will." Keith reluctantly opened the door to see a flustered Lance, whose arms were crossed,"So, what's up?" Lance sighed at sat next to Keith on his bed,"You know what's up." Keith sighed,"Look, Lance just get it over with. I've dealt with rejection before-"

"Why would I reject you?" Keith's eyes widened and his heartbeat increased,"I-what do you mean by that." Lance sighed and put his hands in his lap,"I mean that I feel something for you. I like the way your eyes shine during a mission. How beautifully you smile, even if it's so rare. How you care for your team and loved them as friends. Keith, look at me." Keith was looking away from Lance's strong gaze, his face too flustered and embarrassed to show. Lance reached up and gently cupped Keith's cheek. He locked eyes with him and gave him a embarrassed yet soft smile. "I like you. A lot. For a long time now." Keith's eyes widened,"You're just saying that." Lance scoffed lightly,"Why would I be lying?" Keith frowned,"I know how I am, Lance. I'm impulsive, undisciplined, rude, arrogant, and I'm a loner. I have been my whole life." Lance smiled and leaned into Keith,"That's what I like most about you." Lance pressed a soft kiss to Keith's lips. It was warm and chaste, nothing special. But for Keith it was. Lance lingered there for a moment, then pulled away. Keith collapsed on his chest, shaking a bit. Lance smiled and pet his hair, letting him know he was here. "Do you really feel that way?" Lance scoffed playfully,"Omg, how many times to I have to tell you how amazing you are? Your beautiful and impulsive. A beautiful idiot. A-" Keith stopped him, kissing him harder than Lance's kiss. Lance smiled against his lips,"Just so you know, the person the Queen said I liked is you." Keith erupted into a fit of laughter,"I just now realized we would be here like this is it wasn't for the Queen." Lance shrugged,"Not really, I was gonna confess to you, take you on a romantic date on Friday." Keith gaped at him,"Really?" Lance laughed at Keith's expression,"Yeah, Pidge was helping me." Lance held Keith's hand,"Guess I didn't have to do that."

"Guess not."