Chapter 31 - I Fed The Lily Sisters

Good morning everyone! I will do my best today too~

I went down to the dining hall and Lily brought me my meal. From a slight glance, I could tell that the cook was glaring at me from the kitchen.

“I’m sorry about yesterday.”

“No, don’t worry about it.”

I listened to her explanation.

It was because of the udon I made two days ago, when the other customers saw me and Lily eating it, they started asking the cook for it.

And the cook had even proclaimed “I made that”. But no matter what the other customers said, he wasn’t able to bring it out.

Apparently, after I had gone up to my room, the other customers had started severely denouncing him. They started saying things like the udon was something that I had created, and that probably even the previous orc meat dish was also actually mine.

As such, the cook who had his pride severely hurt, said all that stuff yesterday to try to get a new recipe. Well, it’s not like getting praises from a bad copy of my dish is anything to be… never mind, it doesn’t really matter.

“Hah, I see.”

“I’m angry at him too, thanks to him, I won’t be able to get a share of what you make anymore…”

Ah, as expected, she’s mad about that.

“Don’t worry, I thought about other ways to cook. I will still share some with Lily.”

“Eh!? Really!?”

“Yep, but be a bit more quiet.”

“S-Sorry.”

“Well, it won’t be as soon as tomorrow, but soon in the near future.”

“Okay! I’ll wait!”

Aren’t her expectations a bit too high? Don’t raise the hurdle that much!

Afterwards, we talked for a bit more before I left the inn. As expected, sugar was expensive.

As I headed towards the gate, I looked towards Norn who was walking beside me, she looked like she was in a good mood. Apparently, Bell’s hunting skills have improved quite a lot in the past few days.

In that case, I guess I should overlook their behaviors while I’m gathering?

I passed in front of the guild on the way, and I saw the receptionist lady who handled my guild registration sweeping the entrance, so I gave her a greeting.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning, will you be gathering herbs today?”

“Yes, umm…”

 I didn’t know her name.

“…?"

“…Ah, my name is Salena.”

“I see, Salena.”

So her name’s Salena. I will remember that.

“Speaking of which, you seem to be getting along with my little sister.”

“Little sister?”

“She’s a waitress at an inn. I believe it is the inn you’re staying at?”

“Ah, do you mean Lily?”

“Yes, I’m referring to Lily. It appears you allowed her to eat something very delicious, she’s been talking non-stop about it everyday.”