Chapter 102 - Harvest Festival, Day 1

Yes, yes. Good morning. Today was the day of the harvest festival. The long-awaited date with Triela and Rico.

Soon, we would meet up in the alley next to the workshop.

At first, I was planning to pick them up, but they stopped me because there would be too many people. I told them that I would be fine with Norn and Bell following me, but they said that Norn and Bell would be the reason for their troubles… Thanks to that, they called Norn as my caretaker… And she was sulking a lot… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…

So, Bell would follow me today. Even so, she was completely exhausted thanks to Norn’s strict training until the day before yesterday. I’m sorry…

During the harvest festival, the workshop was closed and the craftsmen would go and have fun. In other words, everyone had gone to the festival. The only ones left were the master, the landlady, and me. I would leave when Triela and Rico picked me up, so only the two of them would stay here. Seems like married couple needs to have their private time or something like that… I see.

After a while, they came to pick me up, so we decided to leave. Yay!

“Both of you, good morning.”

“Good morning, Ren.”

“Ren, morning~”

Hmm, Triela and Rico were wearing the clothes I gave to them the other day. How cute.

“You two look cute.”

“Thank you! Ren, you’re still going to wear that outfit today? You didn’t dress up?”

I wanted to, but… I feel like it would bring trouble, and it’ll be bothersome. However, Rico wasn’t convinced. It couldn’t be helped… I decided to take off my cloak and wore a muffler to hide my mouth.

However, it would get exposed when I ate something! Well, I had no choice but to keep using [Concealment] and [Disguise]… Let’s attach it to the muffler too.

Now that my preparations were done, we set out on the main street.

Naturally, we had to hold hands! I got caught between them in the middle, but… Triela, why were you embarrassed!? You made me shy too, okay! Or should we hold hands like a couple!?

Anyway, there were many food stalls on the main street from today onwards. Let’s have a food tour first.

However, the foods in the stalls were mostly skewers that could easily be eaten when walking around. I bought some without much thought and shared it with both of the girls. Naturally, I also gave some to Bell. They should eat a lot.

Hmm, I couldn’t find any fried foods. I thought someone would sell croquettes, but maybe no one knew the recipes? Ah, I found french fries. But the color of the oil was still amazing, so I ignored it. But Triela and Rico ate it.

“Are you alright?”

“Eh? Yeah, I’m fine… Do you want to have a bite?”

“No, I’ll pass.”

My stomach hurt when I ate deep-fried foods when I was in Harula before… Since the harvest festival had just begun, I should avoid dangerous foods.

For potato-related foods, some stalls were selling french fries and stir-fried foods. They let the customers lend their plates. It’s different from the modern times where stalls could use disposable containers… For fried potatoes, they could try making hashed brown potatoes or fried rolled mashed potatoes… It had nothing to do with me, though.

By the way, the harvest festival in the royal capital would be held for five days.

On the first day, which was today, there would be a swordsmanship competition. Only commoners could participate. However, the majority of them were legit adventurers. They would use a dull sword as their weapon.