Chapter 105 - Harvest Festival, Day 4 - Day 5

Ah, it’s the fourth day of the harvest festival.

But then, I didn’t have any plans to go outside. I was thinking of preparing the consommé soup and finishing Ryuu’s sword. Anyhow, making consommé would definitely take the whole day, so I prepared myself. I wanted to have a portion too, so I made a large amount of it in the stockpot in one go. I’ll do my best…

I got permission to use the courtyard, so I made it there. I kept skimming the scum from the broth until noon. Yeah, how could I say this… it’s tiring. I made a lot of other things at the same time, but the consommé was too troublesome. I guess it couldn’t be helped since I could use it in various dishes…

After lunch, I continued making the consommé. I looked for a spare time to assemble Ryuu’s sword, then focused on the consommé again while waiting for Ryuu. I’m sick of it… Ugh, could I just use my magic? But I already reached this far. My obstinacy wanted me to do it until the end… Ughhh.

I started at 6 o’clock in the morning, and it had been roughly ten hours since then. Ryuu would come at 5 o’clock, so I stored all of my pots into my [Storage], cleaned my cookware, and finished everything for now.

Even after spending so much time, what I made wasn’t consommé yet, but bouillon. I still had to continue making it tomorrow… I feel like crying. I should use magic to cool it down…

“It smells good. Are you making something again?”

“Ah, yes… But it’s not done yet.”

“Really? When did you start?”

“From this morning. I started right after I woke up.”

“And you still haven’t finished it after such a long time. Cooking sure is something, huh.”

“Making something delicious takes effort and time.”

I decided to shorten it using magic in the end, though.

Enough of that. It’s time to make some fine adjustments to Ryuu’s sword. I told him to try swinging it several times, then I adjusted the leather strap that winded in the grip. I also adjusted the smaller short sword which would be his sub-weapon. Hmm, I guess this should be okay?

“Hey. Why there are two swords?”

“Having you use a sword that doesn’t suit your body won’t be good for you, so this is a service from me to make sure you won’t hurt yourself.”

“Can I really receive it?”

“Please accept my kindness obediently. It’s unusual for me to do this, okay?”

“Umm… Thank you?”

“You’re welcome.”

Ryuu tilted his head and said, “Is it unusual?” but I decided I couldn’t hear it. Ryuu tied the long sword on his back and hung the short sword on his waist.

For the sword on his back, the sword might break if the rope that tied the mouth of the sword sheath got unfastened, so I made sure to tell him not to make a strange movement when drawing the sword. And for when he returned the sword to the scabbard… he had to do his best for that, okay?

“I feel like I have turned into a great ‘swordsman’”

“If we’re talking about your appearance, then you’re certainly a swordsman.”

“Yeah, but it’s still just the appearance! The rest will depend on me! I will give it my all!”

Ohh, go for it. Since it’s already late, Ryuu ran back home after receiving his swords.