Chapter 5 - The Storage Skill Seems to be a Cheat

Several days later. I've verified the limits of the skills to what I could use at the moment.

I haven't moved from this spot. While traveling from the accident site, I didn't come across any monsters or wild animals, so I think my vigilance is beginning to fade. I'll reflect on this and take appropriate measures later.

 Anyways, I managed to find out more information regarding [Creation Magic].

 First, how to use it.

 When used, a circle of light would appear in the area I specified. Naturally, the circle of light was a magic formation. Truly, fantasy-like.

 In order to use it, materials had to be placed within the magic formation, or the skill could be activated using no materials.

 However, not everything could be made. So it's most likely dependent on the user's MP and level.

 If I also had knowledge about what was being created, the MP consumption could be reduced. But, if the object being created was complicated, the amount of MP used would increase.

 Next, if I was using materials that were used in the object being created, the amount of MP consumed would be significantly reduced. I noticed this when I tried creating salves for treating my wounds.

Furthermore, if I used tools that were necessary for the process of making them, the amount of MP consumed would again be reduced. I noticed that when I completely prep the materials with a knife beforehand it would also reduce the MP consumption, as compared to when I didn't prep the materials or only partial prep them. Although the comparisons were made based on the current equipment I had on hand, if I had better equipment it's possible the MP consumption would be further reduced.

 I also tried making a sword for self-defense, but I didn't have enough MP. My current MP was only 50. So I couldn't make the blade very long.

 Also the salve I created wasn't very effective for my injuries, so I used some potion ingredients I gathered to create the so called [potion].

 Which was super effective. Although the materials needed for creating the potion weren't that different from the salve, the effects were completely different.

 Aside from that, I only vaguely knew about the materials needed for making potions, and I didn't know the process to create them. Even so, I guess my skill assisted me in creating them despite my vague knowledge. Because I somehow ended up creating one.

 As a researcher and scientist I am rather skeptical of the process, but as of now I'll just accept it since it's helpful and leave the pondering for a later date. Well, my expertise was in rocks and minerals so I didn't really know much about creating medicines.

 After that, I tried creating various types of potions. Ones for recovery, antidotes, ability enhancements, and such. Also as a countermeasure for monsters, I made monster-repellants.

But I wasn't able to create high quality items since my skill level was still low. All the items I created were low quality items.

 However, it seems the more I create the more my skill improves, my MP consumption gradually decreases, and I am able to create low quality recovery potions.

 And if I were to use the lower quality potions as a base, I could then create a better quality potion.

But when I tried making higher level ones I wasn't able to due to my skill level not being high enough. I'm disappointed.

 But then I realized I had gained a new skill called "Compound". It would seem if I leveled this I would be able to create higher grade items.

 And with that my source of income for when I reach a town was somehow established.