Chapter 73 - That Person Now

Hello, this is Ren, I’ve been training in blacksmithing and for some reason I decided to register with the commerce guild. It seems that the pasta machine and mincer that I used earlier was considered quite revolutionary, thus the revenue from the patents were quite profitable.

According to what I heard at the commerce guild when I went to register the patents. The recipe didn’t exist in this country, but long pasta dishes did exist in the central continent.

But the tools that are used to make the noodles for the pasta dishes sound complicated… it’s somewhat like making tokoroten in how you have to forcefully push it in and then pull it out.

Compared to that, the pasta machine I made was like a ground-breaking invention since it allowed for noodles to be made easily! Was it something like that? On the other hand, the mincer was considered amazing because it was a smaller version…

Although mincers did exist, there were apparently no hamburgers in this country. Which I didn’t really understand. The staff also said that there wasn’t a recipe that required the usage method for it in the central continent. I think in this country, meatballs are made using leftover scraps? So the mincer wouldn’t sell here either.

While long pasta dishes didn’t exist in this country, it seems to exist in a trade city in the west. Hm, I want to go there at least once. I want to try all the various foods there.

That aside, I was able to make these since I knew about the structure due to my previous life. I’m not the one who invented them, yet I’m earning some income from them… somehow I feel bad in various ways…

Oh, right. I guess this would be considered a knowledge cheat. The protagonists in the otherworld genre usually have quite the knowledgebase. I guess I would have to get used to it too?

But still, I know this world is still in various stages of development, but to think there would be a patent system and such. This world really is over the top, I don’t even know where to begin commenting.

Incidentally, the commerce guilds have a high registration fee. The cost would depend on the business being started, but it would be about 1 to 5 gold coins. Depending on the case, it could even go up to 10 gold coins. Apparently, it was because the cost would be used as compensation to cover any losses that might occur if the initial business failed.

In my case, I had to pay 5 gold coins. Considering that, the adventurer’s guild which didn’t charge a registration fee was quite generous. Also regarding my case, since I registered for a patent for the design, a fee would be charged each time the device was manufactured.

The commerce guild was an international organization that spanned across multiple countries, so even if it was manufactured in another country, I would still earn money. The commerce guild also received a portion of the fee. As such, it seems that the fee would be properly collected in the surrounding areas in order to protect the guild’s interests.

In addition, as a result of listening to various explanations at the commerce guild, it seems that this country was more rural and was quite backward. When I came here to get the patent for the tools, the process was quite exhausting.

Furthermore, the income from the patent fee would be processed by the guild and automatically transferred. Registering with the commerce guild would allow me to open an account with them, thus all the fees would be transferred to that account.

Apparently, the account could be accessed from other guilds too since the various guilds had business dealing with each other, so money could still be withdrawn even if it was a completely different guild. So in my case, I could access it even at the adventurer’s guild.