Chapter 72 - Life At The Blacksmith's Workshop

It was the second day and I had been forging all afternoon. I was now completing three every two hours instead of just one. It feels like I’ve been able to forge faster as my skill level goes up. But I have to forge a lot to reach LV5 right now.

Since then, I would wake up in the morning and help prepare breakfast. I would forge swords during the day, eat dinner at night, take a bath and then sleep.

…Oh right, when I took baths, my skin would hurt due to the heat from the furnace and sparks, so I also made a skincare potion.

That said, it was basically a recovery potion. But due to that, my skin was still soft. Far from having any scars, my skin was pure white and flawless. I’m in the blacksmith trade with this, it feels like a lie…

Afterward, I continued on with forging, and whenever I ran out of materials, I would ask the master for more steel and such. I would also go out every week to gather herbs and ingredients, and to take Norn and Bell out to exercise.

While doing such a thing, my Harvesting skill finally became LV10. Hmm, but what to say… it feels like my DEX is only getting higher due to the skill level increasing… never mind, there’s nothing bad about it increasing.

Additionally, my knife throwing attacks and multi-tasking ability became skills. Sword Control Magic and Multi-task.

The former would allow me to shoot knives more accurately than before. I was grateful that the MP consumption was also reduced. The latter would allow the use of multiple skills at the same time, and also enhance the effects when using a combination of skills. And when using other types of magic at the same time, I guess?

Incidentally, both were LV3. Not that I’m thinking it would be great if both were just a bit higher. Mumumu.

And with that in mind, I woke up in the morning. After I finished preparing and went to the dining room, I found the landlady grumbling. What’s wrong?

“Did something happen?”

“Hm? Ah, the little miss. Actually…”

Apparently, the bakery that she usually asked for the bread in the morning ran out of flour due to a supplier problem. As such, she couldn’t procure the planned number of bread. In other words, they were worried about what to cook for breakfast to make up for the amount that was missing due to the deliveries.

“Those fellows eat quite a lot right from the morning.”

This workshop was very large, but even so, everyone also ate a lot, so every meal was large regardless. Hmm, lack of bread would also mean a lack of carbs…

When I looked at the stove, I could see the usual large amount of vegetable soup in two large pots. And likewise the meat. Meat right in the morning. Hmm?

“Can I change this soup a bit?”

“Hm? I don’t mind, but what are you going to do?”

“I’m thinking of adding something to make up for the lack of bread.”

“Huh? Then I’ll leave it to you.”

As I looked over the other ingredients, I found a lot of tomatoes that were bought for the salad, so I decided to use them.

I boiled the tomatoes in hot water and peeled the skin. But since it took time and was troublesome, I asked the maid to help peel them. There was a considerable amount since it was for two large pots.

Next, I kneaded the flour with water to make bite-sized flat dumplings. Even with the landlady helping, there was still a lot to make.

If I steamed and crushed some potatoes before kneading them together, it would make them even more delicious, but this time I didn’t do so since there was no time.